• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Word Week #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Ephesians 6:12 (NIV)
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

In the house of the righteous is much treasure, but the income of the wicked brings trouble.
– Proverbs 15:6

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Thanks VB

I believe that's one of the main Scriptures we MUST always daily recall and remember that there's always a battle going on with spiritual forces of evil, but the battle is not ours and if try to fight it we will lose. We must rest in Jesus and take on His yoke and than we're see the battle has been won.

I've experienced this very Scripture in the last ten days; I was fighting a battle myself; as soon as I realizes the battle wasn't mine and left it alone it was won.

Praise the Lord our God!

Last edited:

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Acts 3:19 (NIV)
    Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.

My little children, let’s not love in word only, neither with the tongue only, but in deed and truth. And by this we know that we are of the truth, and persuade our hearts before him, because if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.
    – 1 John 3:18-20

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    In the house of the righteous is much treasure, but the income of the wicked brings trouble.
    – Proverbs 15:6 - Posted by VapinBill

You know, when I went back to re-read this, I got visuals. They were of a family (under 'much treasure'), sitting around a table eating. There was not an abundance of food, but they were laughing and sharing their day around the table, a very close knit family. You could see that the parents were taking an interest in every aspect of their children's lives, and the children behaved in emotional security, because they knew their parents loved each other and them. Treasure doesn't always mean money.

Then I got the visual of the wicked. The father was sitting alone in an expensive condo, decorated starkly, and cold. He was eating alone. His wife and children were gone. They were in the middle of a divorce, because of his rash behavior. He had had an affair, and now that he was alone, the affair was a distant memory. He could have anyone he wanted, but what he wanted was his family back. He knew it was too late, and was suffering alone.

Sometimes my thoughts are way off, but not this time. What a contrast. :(

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    James 2:14 (NIV)

What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?

They brought it [a denarius]. He said to them, "Whose is this image and inscription?" They said to him, "Caesar's." Jesus answered them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” They marveled greatly at him.
    – Mark 12:16-17

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Genesis 1:28 (NIV)
    God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

One who is slow to anger is better than the mighty; one who rules his spirit, than he who takes a city.
    – Proverbs 16:32

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    2 Corinthians 5:21 (NIV)
    God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy became our father again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
    – 1 Peter 1:3

VapinBill

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Matthew 18:15 (NIV)
    "If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over."

Know therefore that the LORD your God himself is God, the faithful God, who keeps covenant and loving kindness with them who love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations.
    – Deuteronomy 7:9

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Know therefore that the LORD your God himself is God, the faithful God, who keeps covenant and loving kindness with them who love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations.
    – Deuteronomy 7:9

This is the Almighty God that I know. Faithful, keeps His word, loving kindness with them who love Him and keep His commandments.....and more. It really bugs me when people slander my Heavenly Father. I don't cross the line out of respect for Him. I sin, true, but I know Him, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. It makes me righteously angry, but God doesn't need a lawyer to defend Him. He can defend Himself, but I think He appreciates the fact that I want to defend Him. You defend ones whom you love. I can't tell you how many times He has defended me, taken care of me, kept me safe, felt His love all around me. Our God is an Awesome God!

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Ahhhhhh......the tongue.....the organ that is sooooo difficult to keep in check. How many times have you been in shock over what comes out of your mouth. You can't see it, but my hand is raised. And how many are shocked that you do it again and again. My hand is still raised. I am a sinner saved by Grace. If you are looking at me to be the example, you will be depressed, and very disappointed. (Not that I am saying you look at me for an example....but if you did.) It's easy to compare yourself to a mass murderer or a bank robber. We look pretty good next to them, correct? We compare ourselves to Jesus. That's when we really see the difference. We strive to be like Him. He is our example! We all fail and "fall short of he Glory of God. There is none righteous, no, not one."

Have you ever tried not sinning for a day.....just one day. My husband had shoulder surgery. His mom and I were going over to the hospital side from the Out Patient Surgery side, as he was assigned a room. I'd gotten into the habit of saying to people, "Have a blessed day." I was walking with a cup of coffee in my left hand, and my shoulder purse slipped with coffee going everywhere. I released a colorful metaphor. (Got that from Star Trek #4.) So, here I'm blessing folks then slipped right back into my sinful side......that quick! Before I even thought, mouth opened and both feet were planted firmly inside. My mother-in-law started laughing at the situation. I was highly embarrassed, not only in front of people, but in front of Almighty God. I've never gone a full 24 hours without sinning. I am comforted by what Paul wrote...."Why do I do the things that I don't want to do" ...... yep, that's me. God accepts our sincere apology and our repenting, and loves us anyway! Thank You, Jesus! :wub:

Bill, I want to THANK YOU, for your contribution to this board. It is so greatly appreciated by everyone!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread