• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Dallas Area Vendors Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

bahbond

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 26, 2011
Texas
Been vaping 1 month as of this Thursday!! Feeling good, and working out the kinks.. Nice to see a community here in N. Texas.. I figure I'll post about the 3 local vendors I have dealt with..

DFW Vapor- Purchased some juice from them as I didn't want to wait too long!! Ordered 3 flavors, Pomegranate, Chai Tea, and a Winston.. Ordered 18 mg and two came as 24mg.. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but if I was trying to work my way down, it would be disappointing.. Regardless, flavors are good, excellent vapor production, and quick delivery. I would order from them again as prices seem pretty decent, and the phone service I received was very nice and informative.

Vaporescence- Richardson-- My first experience with a brick and mortar location... As a newb, it was exciting to be able to walk in and try some juice(buzz included).. Purchased some Junior Mint and Strawberry Cheesecake.. Nice folks, decent price, good flavor, excellent vape.. Only downside would be 30ml is the smallest amount available for purchase.

GOODVAPES- GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR ME.. Last Wednesday, My RIVA UNC battery was acting funny, not firing, and needless to say, was a rough 4-5 hours.. Started searching for anything local, and found GoodVapes off of Forest and 635.. Emailed and called, and got a response around 9:00.. Open from 12-7, Chris called me at 11:05 to tell me they were there and I was welcome to stop in... Good sign!! Cool lounge, tucked in the back of a business park.. SUPER FRIENDLY, VERY HELPFUL, and a nice selection of Juices.. Tried a bunch,(buzz included again), and walked out with a 10ml Sweet Strawberry that explodes flavor, a fresh Ego battery, and a satisfied feeling.. I will most definitely be sending my business their way.. Thanks Chris and Erin!

Last edited:

vap3r4life

Oct 20, 2011
Dallas
I haven't tried GOODVAPES, but may have to in the near future. I too recently went into the Richardson store, twice, and had a horrible experience both times. Hated the way they treated the customers and almost seemed as though they didn't want anyone there. If that's the case, why have a store, why not just a website. HMMMMMM, Unhappy with them, but hopefully GOODVAPES will be better. :)

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
The only one I've been to is Vaporesence in Richardson.

When I first started, I did some research here on ECF, and pretty much already knew I wanted an eGo setup with 1000 mah batteries. But I had some questions, and couldn't really visualize everything. I learned about Vaporesence here on ECF, and I had a very good experience. The guy I talked to was very helpful.

Overall, while happy with that trip, I wasn't thrilled with their juice. That's not necessarily their fault - I've bought a lot more juice that I didn't like than juice that I've liked. I don't like sweet, or fruit, or nutty flavors, I just want tobacco. And that's hard, so I can't really blame them. They do have a *lot* of flavors. They have a wall with a whole bunch of juices sitting out that people can try out. Pick what you like, and they'll mix it up for you in the back. About $15 for 30ml, which is roughly what I pay when I order online.

I started out with boge cartomizers, and also with ego T type A tanks. Later, I stopped in asking about type B tanks/atomizers, but they don't carry them. And then I ended up getting EMDCC's from Madvapes, and I've been using those ever since.

As far as I know, Vaporesence doesn't sell any kind of VV mods. They carry the Silver Bullet and Omega mods, but those don't do VV. I'm pretty set on having VV when I get something past the eGo stuff I already have (probably a Buzz Pro), so while I like doing business locally, it probably won't happen.

I plan to stop in at Good Vapes, but haven't done it yet.

christym81

Mar 31, 2010
Keller, Texas
I will NEVER return to the Vaporescence store. Never again. I have been a very loyal customer since day 1 when they first opened. Prices were not great and the guy was a little odd but it was local and I wanted to support them so I recommended them to everyone who wanted to buy anything e-cig related. I even printed up additional business cards of theirs and handed them out to everyone (on my own dime, of course.) So what happened? Last week I drove the hour to get there after work and got their just as they were closing. Apparently they recently changed their hours and close an hour earlier now. Anyways, the door is open lights are on and I was releived because I was on my last atomizer and it had just gone out. So I walk in and the owner is sitting there with his wife and the other guy who works for them. The woman barks out "we're closed!" I explained my situation and still they refused to let me buy a measly little atomizer (after the hundreds and hundreds of dollars I had spent with them and they knew who I was). I told them that I had just driven an hour and all I needed was what they had sitting out on the counter. In fact, they have test atomizers all over their table that they use so it was not as if they needed to even look for them. The owner and woman didn't care, they said too bad. The guy told me to come back tomorrow because they had already "closed out their books for the day"(wft?!? You guys are the owners come on!) In the past, when they were having trouble with their electricity/cc machine I gave them all my credit card info and trusted them to run it the next day. So why then when I offered to do that again did they simply refuse? Yes, they were closed I get that, but really? I don't know what has happened to their customer service but it certainly won't be found there anymore. Sad too because there are very few around in fort Worth.

Last edited:

JBTX1

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2010
Texas
I will NEVER return to the Vaporescence store. Never again. I have been a very loyal customer since day 1 when they first opened. Prices were not great and the guy was a little odd but it was local and I wanted to support them so I recommended them to everyone who wanted to buy anything e-cig related. I even printed up additional business cards of theirs and handed them out to everyone (on my own dime, of course.) So what happened? Last week I drove the hour to get there after work and got their just as they were closing. Apparently they recently changed their hours and close an hour earlier now. Anyways, the door is open lights are on and I was releived because I was on my last atomizer and it had just gone out. So I walk in and the owner is sitting there with his wife and the other guy who works for them. The woman barks out "we're closed!" I explained my situation and still they refused to let me buy a measly little atomizer (after the hundreds and hundreds of dollars I had spent with them and they knew who I was). I told them that I had just driven an hour and all I needed was what they had sitting out on the counter. In fact, they have test atomizers all over their table that they use so it was not as if they needed to even look for them. The owner and woman didn't care, they said too bad. The guy told me to come back tomorrow because they had already "closed out their books for the day"(wft?!? You guys are the owners come on!) In the past, when they were having trouble with their electricity/cc machine I gave them all my credit card info and trusted them to run it the next day. So why then when I offered to do that again did they simply refuse? Yes, they were closed I get that, but really? I don't know what has happened to their customer service but it certainly won't be found there anymore. Sad too because there are very few around in fort Worth.

Business hours? Interesting concept wouldnt you say? I know for a fact that their hours have never changed. Plain and simple, call ahead to make sure before making and hour drive. Facts vs assumptions. Always a good idea to plan ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread