Status
Not open for further replies.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I passed on the Kylin M tank but the Doom looks promising. The only mesh tanks I use is Genesis rta's until now. Not a big fan of getting my throat burnt if the mesh catches fire ? I am giving this one a chance I like the way the inner shortened chamber I think,will produce excellent flavor. I have mine on pre order from the slow boat.

Any other takers on this one ??

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Hi! Did you get your Doom yet?

I absolutely love mine. So much that I have 3 of them now :::facepalm:::
Yes I did finally. FT cancelled because they did not get any in stock so I finally managed to get mine from damnvape. I love mine too and I never thought I would use a mesh tank. The flavor is outstanding and has replaced the top spot of my Engine RTA .

LadyPharaoh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
AL, USA
Yes I did finally. FT cancelled because they did not get any in stock so I finally managed to get mine from damnvape. I love mine too and I never thought I would use a mesh tank. The flavor is outstanding and has replaced the top spot of my Engine RTA .

Full size Engine and the first VV Pyro were my favorites until the Doom. Tried the Profile Unity first and it's ok; the Kylin M is good, but the Doom blows both of them away. Bit of a finicky wick to start with but all good now.

Glad you're enjoying yours.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Full size Engine and the first VV Pyro were my favorites until the Doom. Tried the Profile Unity first and it's ok; the Kylin M is good, but the Doom blows both of them away. Bit of a finicky wick to start with but all good now.

Glad you're enjoying yours.
Thanks
I might have to pick up a couple spares especially since the engine RTA is not sold any longer.

The DOOM , Engine , Zeus Dual, Amit Dual are my go to RTA's . But nothing gets better than the DOOM.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Heh. “Damn vape doom”. Sounds more like a prediction of disaster than a device. No matter. My experience with mesh is that it’s DL only and produces really large amounts of vapor. Also the standard wattage rules of how much wattage you need for what ohm rating don’t seem to apply well. I’m using a profile which is an RDA squonker mesh tank, at more or less around 0.2ohm (it varies a bit) and I do 20w on wattage or 30w on TC. So a really heft DL vape at 30w or less. I took one look at the $1 a piece punched metal plate “mesh coils” they sell and went right for hand cut pieces of 200 SS mesh though. It works fine. Gunks up faster than the plates but soooo much cheaper. At $1 a piece they might as well be coil cartridge tanks.

Regarding dry hits though unless the cotton is completely soaked and pressed firmly to the mesh dry hits are a real possibility. The things are very thirsty and need to be fed well or they will dry hit.

A well wicked RTA should keep the ting fed nicely until it runs out of juice. Well wicked is going to be key though I suspect. You’re going to need good juice flow so that sweet spot between leaking and not enough juice flow may be a bit narrow. Dunno for sure. I’ve been thinking of buying a doom but I haven’t yet.
I’ll be curious to hear your experiences with it.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Heh. “Damn vape doom”. Sounds more like a prediction of disaster than a device. No matter. My experience with mesh is that it’s DL only and produces really large amounts of vapor. Also the standard wattage rules of how much wattage you need for what ohm rating don’t seem to apply well. I’m using a profile which is an RDA squonker mesh tank, at more or less around 0.2ohm (it varies a bit) and I do 20w on wattage or 30w on TC. So a really heft DL vape at 30w or less. I took one look at the $1 a piece punched metal plate “mesh coils” they sell and went right for hand cut pieces of 200 SS mesh though. It works fine. Gunks up faster than the plates but soooo much cheaper. At $1 a piece they might as well be coil cartridge tanks.

Regarding dry hits though unless the cotton is completely soaked and pressed firmly to the mesh dry hits are a real possibility. The things are very thirsty and need to be fed well or they will dry hit.

A well wicked RTA should keep the ting fed nicely until it runs out of juice. Well wicked is going to be key though I suspect. You’re going to need good juice flow so that sweet spot between leaking and not enough juice flow may be a bit narrow. Dunno for sure. I’ve been thinking of buying a doom but I haven’t yet.
I’ll be curious to hear your experiences with it.
The Doom is an excellent vape,well it takes it to another level(for me it did using an engine RTA daily).
I picked up a 50 pack of wotofo mesh strips for mine for $14.99 that's not bad. I did use my old mesh sheets for the first build,did not go well at all. You can fiddle trying to get the hot spots out but not worth it for me.

The flavor is excellent compared to standard wire builds that is. The only reason I had to have this one is because of the under coil juice flow . It works well and does the job. The large quantity of mesh strips will last me for a while too.

Running a 0.13 strip at 70'ish watts to 80 is the highest I go with it. I still have my fears of the old Genesis days of mesh dry hits.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The Doom is an excellent vape,well it takes it to another level(for me it did using an engine RTA daily).
I picked up a 50 pack of wotofo mesh strips for mine for $14.99 that's not bad. I did use my old mesh sheets for the first build,did not go well at all. You can fiddle trying to get the hot spots out but not worth it for me.

The flavor is excellent compared to standard wire builds that is. The only reason I had to have this one is because of the under coil juice flow . It works well and does the job. The large quantity of mesh strips will last me for a while too.

Running a 0.13 strip at 70'ish watts to 80 is the highest I go with it. I still have my fears of the old Genesis days of mesh dry hits.
Genesis didn’t use a mesh heating element they used a mesh wick. Attys like the profile and the doom use cotton wick. Totally different thing.

LadyPharaoh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
AL, USA
Lol @ "...prediction of disaster...". Only if it's hit dry ;). Had my painful share of dry mesh hits back in the day when mesh was used for wicking gennys, not coil material. Felt like a pull off the business end of a flamethrower.

My Doom currently has a .12 punched metal plate which I'm using at 45w - 50w on wattage mode. I had some minor leaking the first couple times I wicked it. Skimped on cotton in channels to make sure juice could go under the coil. Once I put more cotton in the channel, it was fine. No issues since then.

I'd be interested in checking out the hand cut 200 SS mesh. Should I look at an online vape shop or somewhere else?

My girly Doom setup:
IMG_0994 - Copy.jpg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Lol @ "...prediction of disaster...". Only if it's hit dry ;). Had my painful share of dry mesh hits back in the day when mesh was used for wicking gennys, not coil material. Felt like a pull off the business end of a flamethrower.

My Doom currently has a .12 punched metal plate which I'm using at 45w - 50w on wattage mode. I had some minor leaking the first couple times I wicked it. Skimped on cotton in channels to make sure juice could go under the coil. Once I put more cotton in the channel, it was fine. No issues since then.

I'd be interested in checking out the hand cut 200 SS mesh. Should I look at an online vape shop or somewhere else?

My girly Doom setup:
View attachment 831797
I was referring exclusively to the name. Vape devices seem to be often named by people with a limited knowledge of English. “Damn vape doom” isn’t even that bad by general standards. My favorite is still “voopoo”. What is a voo and why would anyone want to deal with it’s poop?

As to the 200 SS mesh the beauty of it is it’s a commodity item. You just buy a sheet of 200 mesh in 316L stainless off eBay or wherever, as its not vape equipment. 200 mesh is often used as filters for grease traps it seems, and cut it into wick sized pieces.

• Agree
Reactions: lupinehorror

LadyPharaoh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
AL, USA
Lol I thought the same when I first heard of the Voopoo mod. Never could bring myself to buy one even though they get good reviews.

Thanks for the info on the 200 mesh. Heck I may even have some laying around in the vape museum. Need to donate a ton of stuff. I still have a lot of old tanks and a bunch of single 18650 mods that are too narrow for today's tanks.

• Agree
Reactions: bombastinator

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Lol I thought the same when I first heard of the Voopoo mod. Never could bring myself to buy one even though they get good reviews.

Thanks for the info on the 200 mesh. Heck I may even have some laying around in the vape museum. Need to donate a ton of stuff. I still have a lot of old tanks and a bunch of single 18650 mods that are too narrow for today's tanks.
I still have a pack of iclear RTA's and a pack of ego c atomizer heads not used yet. Those were the good days of vaping.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I still have a pack of iclear RTA's and a pack of ego c atomizer heads not used yet. Those were the good days of vaping.
For certain definitions of “good days” I guess. Better than modern pods anyway. I’ve so far largely avoided that particular hell. Ego c atomizers huh? There may be some die hard origional eroll users looking for those.

LadyPharaoh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
AL, USA

Ah so you have a museum too!

Those were certainly the less fiddly days of vaping. I love building, making coils and vape tinkering, but some days I just want to vape. Those old Ego pens with disposable tanks got the job done for sure.

Reactions: t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Ah so you have a museum too!

Those were certainly the less fiddly days of vaping. I love building, making coils and vape tinkering, but some days I just want to vape. Those old Ego pens with disposable tanks got the job done for sure.
Yes they did my ego c still works too,not used,but works.

Reactions: LadyPharaoh

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
For certain definitions of “good days” I guess. Better than modern pods anyway. I’ve so far largely avoided that particular hell. Ego c atomizers huh? There may be some die hard origional eroll users looking for those.
As posted below no I meant less fiddly . When you wanted to use a cartomizer with the sliced up tea bag for wicking. Very simple and easy. Vaping has come a long way from there.

Reactions: LadyPharaoh

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I want to like mech I tried I have the Kylin m and the doom just non stop dry hits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You are blocking off the juice channel below wick. Don't completely fill the wick port. Just enough to plug the top part but let juice flow freely thru the port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread