The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Damnit!!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by WorldPax, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WorldPax

WorldPax Full Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Have an Npro- Was my first, it runs reliably but does not provide enough hit.

Bought an 801- Provides the hit, but only for a couple puffs. The cart does not seem to be able to keep up with the atty.

Just got my 510 thinking "This is THE ONE".- Nope, same problem as the 801.

I have tried the coffee straw mod without success.

Only thing that seems to work for me is dripping straight onto the atty. Problem is that I drive a truck for a living and I don't want to get in trouble with MADD (MutherF'r's Against Dripping and Driving).

Seriously, does anyone really want me out there behind the wheel of an 80,000 lb truck trying to drip. I can do it, but it's not ideal.

Please help!

2. sMuCk_fOg

sMuCk_fOg Super Member ECF Veteran

I pull a 48 footer everyday and drip @ the terminal,at customers,at truck stops,at stoplights ,stop signs ,when I pull over to wizz etc , etc....my prob was always switching out batteries.
    I built a 4 AA battery box that holds 3 AA batts ,It lasts me 3 days easy on a charge.

I built 5 more today for some other driver friends of mine,I've also built a bunch more for my non driving friends who got sick of dealing with the regular e-cigs.

Good luck and have a safe trip driver!

3. Lobsters Attack!

Lobsters Attack! Full Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Queens, NY
    I've been using a 510 for slightly less than a week now, and I get the same problem sometimes too, and it'll give off a burning taste rather than all vapor. Try drawing harder; I've found that it helps, possibly because I'm pulling the juice through the cartridge with the suction. Hope it works for you.

4. Rhetoric Camel

Rhetoric Camel Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2009
    Plattsburgh, NY
    where can I find detailed instructions on how to build something like that?

5. Aiden

Aiden Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    CO, USA
    Why not get something that comes with a usb passthrough...I know Janty has that stuff, but I'm sure it's commonly available. I use mine almost exclusively, the batteries are my last resort.;)

6. sMuCk_fOg

The "Nico Stick" , using a bigger battery box with 3 AA Batteries that produce 1.2 volts each @ 2100 maH.

The first time I charged them , I used my box exclusivly and the batteries lasted 60 hours before I gave up counting and recharged them.:)

7. Aiden

Jun 2, 2009
    CO, USA

From one of my other posts...I thought you used no carts or batteries...:confused:

8. dawnmarie

dawnmarie Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2009
    Las Vegas Nevada
    im using my 510 first night right now....i have so many cigs now i need a suit case i hope i dont have these problem...r u selling the mods...

dawn

9. sMuCk_fOg

I drip 4 drops dirrectly on a 901 atty , and what I meant was that I don't use those crappy e-cig batteries
    that last 2 or 3 hours ,

I do use rechargable NIMH batteries in a battery box that last several days on a charge...some power source is necessary.

I tried usb passthroughs but they are dangerous when driving ( wire hanging from atty ) and they don't last very long for me 1 - 2 weeks.

10. Nulli

Nulli Full Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Ohio
    I use a USB passthrough for a 901, a Kensington portable batter pack, and a bunch of blank carts filled with my flavor of the day.

The passthroughs you can get from vendors are not that great. Making your own or knowing a friend who can using a higher quality cable is best.

11. sMuCk_fOg

I have sold 2 of my box-mods to folks on the forums for
    $35.00 each. I only have connections for 901 atty's tho (which I don't supply)

I also don't supply the batts,but Radio Shack dot com
    (or in store) has a package deal...$12.95 for 4 batteries plus the charger. It's a great price I have been paying $20.00 for this package.

12. Aiden

Jun 2, 2009
    CO, USA

Gotcha...all you said was. "no cart's or batteries" or something cryptic like that...;)

Spit it out next time man.:D I've been having good luck with my passthrough on my KB.

13. sMuCk_fOg

I don't really remember that post,but for a while I actually didn't use a cart at all , and still vape cart free from time to time
    ( I like feeling the heat when I vape any menthol liquid )

and I also only used my passthroughs for a while , but they kept failing on me plus I got sick of dealing with the wire at work,even with the kennsington power pack.

14. Aiden

Jun 2, 2009
    CO, USA
    Not a problem man. It was in my foodsaver thread, where it was mentioned. It might or might not be a good idea. I think it's great how active this board is!:)

15. WorldPax

WorldPax Full Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    My transponder is now squawking 7500 :)

Just got a hot tip via PM about using a heated paper clip to pole a hole in the side of the cart near the base. Going to try that out tomorrow.

16. sMuCk_fOg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.