Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I'm likely a good example of why vaping should NOT cause Dehydration.

130lbs., BMI 17 and 58y.o. when I switched. Vaped for 2 years, pulling 12hr manual labor(intensive labor) shifts in a Distribution warehouse filling orders for almost 525 Stores(varied by year)
My liquid intake is as haphazard as it gets and I avoid plain water like the Plague.

I'd still be pushing it if I had not suffered a serious injury.

I still weigh 130ish and still have the same drink habits, actually 3-4 cups of coffee per day most days.

Both PG and VG are hydroscopic(?), simply meaning they can attract and hold moisture.<To A Saturation Point> They can also expel moisture:ohmy:, but no one mentions that.:glare:

The thing most totally ignore is - 5ml is only .17 oz and even at a ratio of 1:1 a loss of .17oz of moisture over several hours would be easily replenished with one swallow of water.

Things like Dry Mouth are not necessarily a sigh of Dehydration, but should be addressed for good oral health.

Dry Mouth: Get Facts on Causes and Treatment

Dry mouth Causes - Mayo Clinic

Reactions: Nermal

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
overhydration

Causes and symptoms
Drinking too much water rarely causes overhydration when the body's systems are working normally. People with heart, kidney, or liver disease are more likely to develop overhydration because their kidneys are unable to excrete water normally. It may be necessary for people with these disorders to restrict the amount of water they drink and/or adjust the amount of salt in their diets.

My rule of thumb is, when you go to the bathroom and what comes out is coloured, you could use some water; but when it looks like water, then you are well hydrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread