Daring Exhale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Momsy and Popsy. You know that pretty much everyone on this forum are familiar with what all types of e cigs and box mods. But the majority of people out in our cities and towns and workplace have no idea or have even heard of an ecig..........yet. You can tell by the looks on their faces when you vape in their presence. Once at a red light, a man looked at me vaping with the most quizical look. I opened my passenger window and said No worries mon! its an electronic cigarette. The next time it happened at a red light, I told the nosey lady through my passenger side window - she had a bad judmental look on her face...I said, ya, its crack! After a number of experiences when I vaped in places I am 100% guaranteed of being well within my rights to vape or even in the privacy of my own car - I started to get a kick out of the comments and looks. In fact, I've been known to vape, on purpose, in places that a secret exhale is a little on the daring side - inviting the weird look or comment. My most daring vape was in the elevator of our law firm. The elevator door opened before I got to my floor and one of the partners got in, just as I was about to exhale. I thought about it and did it anyway, out of the side of my mouth, slowly, with my head slightly turned. A second or two later he said. Wow, I like the new cleaning spray they are using in the elevators, it smells great. I said, holding up my box mod, "it comes from this and it tastes great too!" He delayed his exit to learn all about my ecig with great interest. Phew, was sure glad it didn't go another way! Was hoping your readers would share their daring vapes. Soon, I hope, it will no longer be an issue. Until then, it can be thrilling to push the envelope :)

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
No daring exhales for me. I've tried a few, but got no notice. On the other hand, I work for the state government in a building that houses offices for nearly every department--and the Department of Justice has a couch and an over-flowing ashtray sitting directly under a sign that says "No Smoking within 30 feet of this door."

stare.gif

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
ha something like that happened to me i was in a office supply store and it was dead not that it would have mattered but I was vaping with my mod and took a nice big hit with no way to inhale this one, and exhaled a dam bloom of vapor (lol) and one of the employees took the corner and seen my little fog maneuver going on and stopped and said wow is that an e-cig thing. I said yes, he said that is the coolest one I have ever seen where did you get it. well i told him i made it he about freaked out to make a long story short i gave him a card and he freaked out again!! so it was pretty freaky folks know I'm waiting for him to order.Now with that said i am very respectful in public vaping but have only been asked once not to and I left the store and spent my money some where else with know problem and was very kind about it

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Lights are all on. Anybody home?

I snuck into a kinda like alcove in City Hall and took a big ol drag. Just started letting it out when a suit walked by. Dang near choked trying to stop the exhale as he walked by staring. Finally got it out and was late for the door. I figured he'd probably report or something but nothing came of it. Lesson learned, what goes in must come out lol. I don't know how long you'd have to hold a vape for it to disa...disi...vanish.

Last edited:

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh

I snuck into a kinda like alcove in City Hall and took a big ol drag. Just started letting it out when a suit walked by. Dang near choked trying to stop the exhale as he walked by staring. Finally got it out and was late for the door. I figured he'd probably report or something but nothing came of it. Lesson learned, what goes in must come out lol. I don't know how long you'd have to hold a vape for it to disa...disi...vanish.

Not long actually. I do it all the time.

Sent from my flashback honeycomb gtablet

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Thats half the problem the damage smoking has done i cant hold it in so out it GOES!! and yes it smells good for a second or two. I have found 99% of the time i have never had a problem once and only once and it was at a i hop if you can believe that at 1 am with no one in the place needless to say it was empty when we left lol

This makes me laaaaaaaaugh!

Our smoke detectors in our office building shut the whole 11 story building down, including the bank on the ground floor, because the dry ice we used on the 11th floor in the conference room, at Hallowe'en. I'm afraid that one huge vape at my desk might do the same thing as one of the is a detectors right above my desk. But you know what, it's worth every risky vape. :)

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Our smoke detectors in our office building shut the whole 11 story building down, including the bank on the ground floor, because the dry ice we used on the 11th floor in the conference room, at Hallowe'en. I'm afraid that one huge vape at my desk might do the same thing as one of the is a detectors right above my desk. But you know what, it's worth every risky vape. :)

Dry ice is carbon dioxide. Sublimating dry ice will dump loads of carbon dioxide into the air. Most smoke detectors test for the presence of carbon.

There is no carbon in ecig vapour, so there should be no way for your smoke detector to even tell something's going on.

That's good to know pwyll- one less worry at work! Got a "what is THAT!" in the elevator again today. The wood inlay box mod is creating quite the stir Mom and Pop!

One thing I did notice - now I'm talking about a RISKY vape - is i was driving at night and there's lots of oncoming traffic with their headlights a glowin' - and I took a nice big boxy mondo vape - heck I had to bat and slap it all aside and away, it blocked my view out the windshield! Totally! That got my adrenalin going for a sec!

ponytail girl

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2011
Hawaii
Here's my story..I was in Resturant and when I went to pay the cashier..I handed her my credit card she had to turn around to run it..it was not by the register..so as I'm waiting I took a drag real quick and blow it out..when she turned around she just saw the smoke disappearing and started telling the waitress that was there that she just saw a ghost or something go back..I started laughing and showed her my e-cig..and vape it so she could see it wasn't a ghost..

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
My favorite was the Home depot employee...

"No Smoking in here" my response was ..Thank goodness! That would make this place smell horrible and I would never buy carpet from here! Then I let out a huge cloud as I walked away.

I love leaning against the well beneath a "No Smoking" sign and throwing up plumes of vapor...although I am always nice about it if someone says something...although I am not so nice to the "fake cough" people. Or the "making a stank face with waving hand" people. People are just so mentally trained these days to hate...

Here's my story..I was in Resturant and when I went to pay the cashier..I handed her my credit card she had to turn around to run it..it was not by the register..so as I'm waiting I took a drag real quick and blow it out..when she turned around she just saw the smoke disappearing and started telling the waitress that was there that she just saw a ghost or something go back..I started laughing and showed her my e-cig..and vape it so she could see it wasn't a ghost..
That's hilarious!!! I love that story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread