Dark juices + cartomizer = death

Status
Not open for further replies.

seantex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
I use Boge 3.0 and notice that most of the darker tasty juices don't work well at all. I really like vermillion River Caramel Capp but alas I can't get it to work out in a carto. How sad for me. Anyone else find any caramel or coffee juices that do work in a carto? Anyone have any quick fix ideas or things that work for them? Maybe a different combo of pg and vg in the liquids?

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
+3 on all of this, I strictly drip dark juices on a 306lr atty now because the darker ones just do not work in a carto, no matter what kind I use, Boge LR, Smoktech dual coils, CE2's even Ego-T atty/tank combos. I have a couple of dark juices that I love to vape so I just vape them using my trusty 306 drip atty and stainless steel drip tip on it.

Nate aka Darth Vapor

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
+3 on all of this, I strictly drip dark juices on a 306lr atty now because the darker ones just do not work in a carto, no matter what kind I use, Boge LR, Smoktech dual coils, CE2's even Ego-T atty/tank combos. I have a couple of dark juices that I love to vape so I just vape them using my trusty 306 drip atty and stainless steel drip tip on it.

Nate aka Darth Vapor

Doesn't it foul your 306lr?

Does it foul DC or doesn't work from the get go?

Is it thick?

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
I use Boge 3.0 and notice that most of the darker tasty juices don't work well at all. I really like vermillion River Caramel Capp but alas I can't get it to work out in a carto. How sad for me. Anyone else find any caramel or coffee juices that do work in a carto? Anyone have any quick fix ideas or things that work for them? Maybe a different combo of pg and vg in the liquids?

Be aware that the different components of e-juice vaporize at different rates/temperatures.

Some juice makers use things like caramel sugar to darken or accent juice. Those juices tend to clog things up more than some other lighter colored more lightly flavored juices.. In short, any sugars, even those in the flavorings, can coat an atty or foul a carto because they do not vaporize well and then there is a high concentration of gunk left behind.

This isn't to say that darker juices are "bad". But being aware of what some juice can do to an atomizer/cartomizer is important if you want to conserve on purchases.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
I have wondered what was being put in the darker e-juices that are burning up the atty's and carto's. Like the OP, coffee really burns them up quickly...is caramel sugar the culprit and can coffee be made without it?

Any flavorings that have sugars in them, doesn't need to be caramel sugar, will tend to clog an atty/carto faster. Since sugars are used in food flavorings (which are used in e-juice) there's always some in most of what you are vaping. Also artificial sweeteners like Sucrolose are also used.

Sugars partially caramelize when vaporized, leaving some of the flavoring behind on your atty/carto. Eventually it builds up and kills your atty/carto. It has more to do with how well these substances vaporize (And at what temperature) and the differential between those characteristics and the vaporization characteristics of PG/VG.

So you can either be aware of this fact and plan accordingly- or vape lighter liquids or vape unflavored. Vaping unflavored juice will make atties last a long time. Because an atomizer used to vape unflavored juice will usually only fail from metal fatigue caused by the expansion and contraction of the coil.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I love my waffle juice but it only last 3 days tops in a boge carto. I've found that if I put it on my vv bottomfeeder and feed it from the bottom, I can make it last a couple days longer. Feeding a carto from the bottom seems to help longevity. Also when I clean my cartos by boiling them, I don't care for the them if I fill them from the top, but they do pretty well if I don't fill them at all and put them on the bottomfeeder, they perform like an atty.

I've had warm sugar cookie from kickbassvapor and in a carto, it will last (refilling from the top) about a week before it's not worth it to fill any longer. Then it can be bottomfed for awhile.

TV waffles may be rough on my cartos but it's cheap and it's been my "musthave" juice for months.

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
I find that juices that taste burnt in a boge carto (like after one day) , I am able to vape that same juice at a litle higher ohm rating. For instance, Bobas with a 2ohm boge with a freshly charged 14500 3.7v mod and it gets burnt before 24 hours, but if I use a 2.5ohm single coil (I think I got them at madvapes) and it lasted me a few days without tasting burnt. I sacrifice a little vapor production, but I find I am much happier getting a few days in a carto with a juice I love.

Cheers

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
My hubby's everyday vape is a flavor called kalua and coffee, very dark, not too sweet. It gunks up his cartos in a tank in a day. He's giving it up, and we're looking for something new for him. Luckily, I diy, so we should come up with something he likes. My diy juices are mostly clearish fruits with a bit of sucralose, and my cartos go on and on...

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
My hubby's everyday vape is a flavor called kalua and coffee, very dark, not too sweet. It gunks up his cartos in a tank in a day. He's giving it up, and we're looking for something new for him. Luckily, I diy, so we should come up with something he likes. My diy juices are mostly clearish fruits with a bit of sucralose, and my cartos go on and on...

Check out Flavourart's coffee and cappucino flavors... I've had good results with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread