Dark sweet juice, need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I've been dabbling in diy lately, Some may recognize me from the diy board. Let me say up front that I like very sweet juice.

I have concocted the best juice I ever vaped. It's a mix of Capella Cinnamon coffe cake, caramel, maple, Lorann butter rum and a bit of EzSweetz(sucralose). It is darkish and sweet.

What would be the best thing to use to vape it. I can't get through 1 carto without it tasting burnt, not the carto, the juice. :( I am guessing that something is carmelizeing on the atty and giving me that off burnt taste?

I have am eGo 900mah. I have tried a new Boge 2.0 carto, a Boge 3.0 carto, and an echo e. It always starts out AMAZING :laugh: and soon gets the burnt taste. :( I have tried dripping, so far, so good, but I've only done it a little bit because I don't want my atty to get gunked up. I only have 3 atties for tasting because I am a carto girl. I haven't tried the atty/cart combo yet. I still have most of my juice. I used the reverse taryn spin to retreive as much as I could from the cartos.

This got dark from the maple flavor. When you have a darker, very sweet juice, what is the best way to vape it? Will it mess up me atties if I drip it?

In the future I think I'll try stevia liquid(I know, very strong) or ethyl maltol, just in case I used too much Ez-Sweetz. Does sucralose carmelize? I am also trying to isolate the problem with this juice.:confused:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Darker and sweet in general = atties/cartos aren't going to last as long but if you like them then it's worth it although you might want to experiment with lighter colored flavoring to get close to the same vape, usually can be done with some searching. Also go easy on the EZ SWeet, that stuff is powerful and cruds a coil up fast. I use 1, 2 drops at the most per 10ml and that's plenty for me, sometimes to much.

Just dedicate a carto/atty to that flavor because it likely never will come out completely and clean them often. Probably dripping is your best bet with those as there is no filler to worry about, just the wick and coil gunking up, same with the CE2 and Clearos which most times require tweaking to get them performing optimally but once you do they are the easiest carto to clean.

Last edited:

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
You might consider a Bulli-Smoker A2 rebuildable atty. If your juice burns up cartos or atty's rapidly, the A2 would be the most economical choice over the long haul. And you can tailor the ohms to your liking just by making fewer or more windings. The stainless version would likely be more durable over time, worth a few extra bucks.

Bulli-Smoker A1 Atomizer - Fa.Bismillah

Lots of great info in this thread in the reviews section:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...a2-diy-atomiser-similar-nhaler-ato-miser.html

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Thanks, WoH, I guess I'll drip it then. It approx. a 60pg/40vg mix.

What's the PG/VG mix of your juice? I usually don't have any trouble with dark juice, but I use a 60PG/40VG mix and IKV LR cartos. Dripping works very well for dark juice and you shouldn't need to worry about the atty getting gunked up as long as you blow them out at least once a day.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Thanks, it's probably the Ez-sweetz. I'm gonna try some alternative sweetners.

Darker and sweet in general = atties/cartos aren't going to last as long but if you like them then it's worth it although you might want to experiment with lighter colored flavoring to get close to the same vape, usually can be done with some searching. Also go easy on the EZ SWeet, that stuff is powerful and cruds a coil up fast. I use 1, 2 drops at the most per 10ml and that's plenty for me, sometimes to much.

Just dedicate a carto/atty to that flavor because it likely never will come out completely and clean them often. Probably dripping is your best bet with those as there is no filler to worry about, just the wick and coil gunking up, same with the CE2 and Clearos which most times require tweaking to get them performing optimally but once you do they are the easiest carto to clean.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
This looks very interesting. I'm gonna look into it. I surprised I've never seen it mentioned before.

You might consider a Bulli-Smoker A2 rebuildable atty. If your juice burns up cartos or atty's rapidly, the A2 would be the most economical choice over the long haul. And you can tailor the ohms to your liking just by making fewer or more windings. The stainless version would likely be more durable over time, worth a few extra bucks.

Bulli-Smoker A1 Atomizer - Fa.Bismillah

Lots of great info in this thread in the reviews section:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...a2-diy-atomiser-similar-nhaler-ato-miser.html

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I have been looking into some old threads on stevia and other sweeteners. I saw this one: Now Foods, Stevia Glycerite, 8 fl oz (237 ml) - iHerb.com It says no bitter aftertaste. Is this what I should get?

How about the flavored stevia liquids, http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Stevia-Extract-Liquid-Dark-Chocolate-2-fl-oz-60-ml/16571?at=0 and http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Stevia-Extract-Liquid-French-Vanilla-2-fl-oz-60-ml/16558?at=0. They also carry Sweetleaf brand, but it doesn't say no bitter aftertaste.

I hear it is veeery strong. How do I mix a small batch, say 3ml and use liquid stevia as a sweetener without over powering?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread