darkening juice on a ss mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusterBear

Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Washington
Hey all, i rebuilt my first coil in my pt2 on a ss mesh and have noticed my juice is getting a lot darker. I don't mind and the flavor is still good, but whats up with that?

If i had to guess I'm no longer getting dry hits and burning my silica wicks, vaping at a higher temp/watt so the juice is cooking/caramelizing?

What do you think?

ciggfree

Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Arizona
You're right - cooking/ caramelizing your juice. I found that if you keep the coil barely snug on your wick, just touching it, you get less caramelizing. Kanthal ribbon helps also. Without the specifics, don't know what else to say - I was rocking my setup around 11 watts until one day I tried starting at the bottom (6 watts) and vaped my favorite juice for a 1/2 hour or so at each setting to see what tasted the best. After a couple of days I found that I liked most juices around 8 watts. Also don't burn up coils/ cartos as fast.

BusterBear

Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Washington
You're right - cooking/ caramelizing your juice. I found that if you keep the coil barely snug on your wick, just touching it, you get less caramelizing.

Duly Noted!!! my first build I think i cranked that coil on pretty tight, plus my body gets pretty hot so i bet im getting alot of heat transfer across the coil and through the base. Kanthal ribbon is in the budget, but prolly later since i just got a few feet of kanthal wire.

Thank you

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the juice "burns" and bakes onto the mesh faster and with the superior capillary action any burnt/baked juice on the coil will almost instantly leech back into the tank. this is a common phenomenon with genesis atomizers and as long as the juice doesnt taste bad really isnt an issue.

usually every other tank I will empty mine and rinse them out real good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread