Darkest Day Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
Hi. Just been vaping through the 5 flavors that I got from Darkest Day Vapor and wanted to share with the group. Boge XL RL (F16) cartomizers in Smoktech pyrex DCT tanks at 8-9 watts.

1. Succubus Nectar - Very tasty, strawberry cake all day. Would reorder in a heartbeat.
2. Vampire's Kiss - Strawberry and creme with champagne. Very interesting, very tasty. Probable reorder.
3. Pina Skullada - Wow, incredibly interesting - Pina Colada with champagne. Definite reorder.
4. Goblin's Blood - Think cinnamon roll on steroids - Whew, just whew. Made me hungry just vaping it. Re-order.
5. Cenobite Delight - Chocolate mint - sadly, like all the chocolate I have tried, tastes like wood.

6. Freebie - Espheni's Blood - Almond Joy - Nope - wood <sigh>.

The last two aren't a dig at them, they make amazing liquid, truly. They might be fine in a dripper, but my RSST, all the way to 12 watts, tasted like wood. If I get any change over time, I'll follow-up. The service was amazing as is the artwork and 'feel' of the site. Great job guys!!!!! Just my two cents, take it for what it is.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
I'm glad to see someone else reviewing these guys. DDV is my favorite vendor but they seem pretty unknown here.

I personally prefer 'Vampire's Kiss' (strawberry/cream/champagne) over 'Seccubus Nectar' (strawberry shortcake), probably because I seem to be sensitive to anything 'buttery' and 'shortcake' is a type of very buttery cookie.

Haven't tried 'Pina Skullada' or 'Goblin's Blood' yet and I won't be trying them anytime soon since I told my sons I want DDV juices for Christmas. So I'm not ordering anything new - I want to have something to look forward to. :)

'Cenobyte Delight' is actually supposed to be chocolate/raspberry/cream. I had carefully avoided ordering any of DDV's chocolate flavors since I've had such poor luck with 'chocolate' flavors in the past but I received this one as a sample. I actually find it quite smooth and pleasant with a dry, sort of 'cocoa' chocolate. And I can definitely taste the 'raspberry'. It's not my favorite DDV flavor but it does satisfy my relatively rare chocolate urge. It's the only chocolate ejuice I've ever tried that I would re-order.

My favorite DDV juices are 'Shai Hulud' (tobacco/blackberry), 'Red Ape' (banana/caramel/butterscotch/bavarian cream), and 'Vampire's Kiss' (see above). I keep about 6-8 juices in my daily rotation and these three are always included.

Other flavors I've tried include...

'Litch's Serum' (blueberry/banana/peppermint/custard). This is also in constant rotation. Smooth with just a hint of sharpness.

'Hedorah Sauce' (orange, cranberry, blueberry/menthol). This is 'sharper' in flavor. I like the flavor - can definitely taste the orange/cranberry - but I prefer smooth vapes. I use this more as a 'break' between other juices.

'Jekyll and Hyde' - ok, this is the only one I would probably not re-order. I ordered it initially because I was listening to the musical 'Jekyll and Hyde' at the time and thought it might be a sign from above. Wrong. It's a tea/lemon flavor and I don't like tea with lemon! What was I thinking??!!?! Having said that, it's not unvapable, i.e. I won't give it away like I do the majority of juices I sample.

I should also mention that, IMHO, these all definitely need steeping. 'Red Ape' probably the least (a few hours), the others a couple of days except for 'Jekyll and Hyde' which needed a couple of weeks. Again, this is only my opinion.

(And in case you're wondering - no, I have no connection with DDV other than that of a very satisfied customer.)

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I agree that they need time to steep/infuse, I am holding out hope for the chocolates that way. Of the two, Espheni has the greatest potential, I just get nothing from the Yeti. It honestly is a tragedy, as I would love to find a chocolate and a coffee that I could vape, but neither have worked out for me yet. I am not a fan of banana at all, so I avoid that flavor profile altogether. I may very well try Hedorah, interested me when I read it. LOL! I didn't think you worked for them, but it was a nice thing to mention. Good luck and have fun!

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
Espheni Blood is amazing! I was completely wrong. It just needed some time to steep/infuse. It is a must re-order. The Almond Joy flavor is spot on. Darkest day is a fantastic vendor.

Currently, Espheni's Blood and Pina Skullada are must have on hand vapes. Succubus Kiss is a probable re-order.

Hah! Didn't I say they need to steep! :)

Seriously, I'm so pleased you're enjoying them and that 'Espheni's Blood' has come together for you. I was beginning to think I was the only person here who'd ever tried them. I'm thrilled someone else likes them too!

I haven't tried 'Espheni's Blood' (I'm saving that for Christmas) but I can vouch for 'Cenobite Delight' (chocolate/raspberry).

I also strongly recommend 'Shai Hulud'. If I absolutely had to pick a favorite - which I'd hate to have to do - 'Shai Hulud' would probably be it. It's a tobacco (with blackberry and other things) and it's unique. It doesn't really taste like tobacco to me (because I normally don't like tobacco :) ) but I love this stuff.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
4. Goblin's Blood - Think cinnamon roll on steroids - Whew, just whew. Made me hungry just vaping it. Re-order.
5. Cenobite Delight - Chocolate mint - sadly, like all the chocolate I have tried, tastes like wood.

but if you deceive us...we'll TEAR YOUR SOUL APART!!

Evidently there was a bit of confusion earlier. 'Cenobite Delight' is definitely chocolate/raspberry and is very good. The 'creaminess' seems to be coming out more, it's not so much the 'dry cocoa' I tasted earlier. The older it gets, the more I like it.

malachi

Verified Member
May 9, 2013
New Brighton, MN, USA
I am glad to see you this thread about darkest day. I love them. I have tried most of the juices already mentioned and some of them like red ape, Jekyll and Hyde, Espheni blood and vampires kiss I loved right out the box. The others got better after steeping.

I agree with the question about the lack of dapp they get here on the forum. Sometimes I think the familiar guys get repeated over and over and it's harder for newer companies to break through that wall. It's almost like when someone says where should I buy from, there is this automatic response of "you got a try "this place or that place" (and then their distractors chime in).

Some of their ejuices are always in my rotation, both on my drip atty and in my tanks. Darkest day vapors is definitely one of the keepers for me. The juices, website and overall presentation are all absolutely sick!

Malachi

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I am glad to see you this thread about darkest day. I love them. I have tried most of the juices already mentioned and some of them like red ape, Jekyll and Hyde, Espheni blood and vampires kiss I loved right out the box. The others got better after steeping.

I agree with the question about the lack of dapp they get here on the forum. Sometimes I think the familiar guys get repeated over and over and it's harder for newer companies to break through that wall. It's almost like when someone says where should I buy from, there is this automatic response of "you got a try "this place or that place" (and then their distractors chime in).

Some of their ejuices are always in my rotation, both on my drip atty and in my tanks. Darkest day vapors is definitely one of the keepers for me. The juices, website and overall presentation are all absolutely sick!

Malachi

The trick is to keep talking about them.

Then go to the General Elquid Review section and review the flavors.

And then go to the Positive Review section and talk about them with each order.

Then make Youtuibe Videos and talk about them :)

Then come back here and talk about them some more :p

RT88

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
island fortress
i would bet the # of threads and posts on any eliq is directly proportional to sales volume. All they need to do is run a sale at discount prices like Bootleg vapor and the threads and posts will grow. i've been curious about DD a long time but the evilnish turned me off. but i'm gonna try both this week. bootleg got me goin faster with the massive options and price

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
The trick is to keep talking about them.

Then go to the General Elquid Review section and review the flavors.

And then go to the Positive Review section and talk about them with each order.

Then make Youtuibe Videos and talk about them :)

Then come back here and talk about them some more :p

Ok, went to the 'General e-liquid review' forum and left a review. To be honest, I haven't done that as much as I should, basically because it seems not many people even know about that forum.

And now I'm back here talking about them some more. :p

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
I've had zombie elixer going for the past 3weeks in one of my tanks. I don't like pg stuff usually, but I love this flavor. Only other one I've tried is red ape..throat hit burns too much for me.

Out of curiosity, what nic level and pg/vg ratio do you have on the 'Red Ape'?

I wouldn't mind a bit more throat hit, maybe I'll skew mine more towards yours in my next order. I originally tried 18mg, 70/30 and really liked it. (It turns from clear to a definite pink with steeping.) Then I changed to 12mg, 50/50. Now I'm not getting the same color change (or it's taking a lot longer). I think I'll go back to the 70/30 next time but leave it at 12mg.

It's funny how much tastes differ. Don't get me wrong, I liked 'Zombie Elixer' but definitely like 'Red Ape' better.

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
I'm glad to see someone else reviewing these guys. DDV is my favorite vendor but they seem pretty unknown here.

I personally prefer 'Vampire's Kiss' (strawberry/cream/champagne) over 'Seccubus Nectar' (strawberry shortcake), probably because I seem to be sensitive to anything 'buttery' and 'shortcake' is a type of very buttery cookie.

I remember you talking about Vampire's Kiss - I just ordered some, and a couple others. Fun site! :)

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Barbara21:11479828 said:
I've had zombie elixer going for the past 3weeks in one of my tanks. I don't like pg stuff usually, but I love this flavor. Only other one I've tried is red ape..throat hit burns too much for me.

I wouldn't mind a bit more throat hit, maybe I'll skew mine more towards yours in my next order. I originally tried 18mg, 70/30 and really liked it. (It turns from clear to a definite pink with steeping.) Then I changed to 12mg, 50/50. Now I'm not getting the same color change (or it's taking a lot longer). I think I'll go back to the 70/30 next time but leave it at 12mg.

It's funny how much tastes differ. Don't get me wrong, I liked 'Zombie Elixer' but definitely like 'Red Ape' better.

I tried them off of giantvapes, so I didn't know you could get a different ratio than 70/30..I guess it makes sense that they write that in pen now. I use 24mg. It is RED...no question on the color. It may have gotten darker. When I first tried it, I could've sworn that it wasn't as harsh, but it burnt each time dripping with it after I let it sit for a week.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA

I tried them off of giantvapes, so I didn't know you could get a different ratio than 70/30..I guess it makes sense that they write that in pen now. I use 24mg. It is RED...no question on the color. It may have gotten darker. When I first tried it, I could've sworn that it wasn't as harsh, but it burnt each time dripping with it after I let it sit for a week.

Ack, I'm such an idiot. You were talking about 'Red Ape' but I was confusing it with 'Vampire's Kiss'. (VK is the one that turns from clear to pink and that I re-ordered in 50/50.)

Ok, 'Red Ape' - got it now. You're right, that's definitely red in color. That was not one of the ones I re-ordered in 50/50, I still have it in 70/30, 18mg and like the amount of throat hit I get. But I'm using a clearo, not dripping, which definitely lessens the TH.

I'm not a dripping expert but I've heard that many/most people lower their nic levels when dripping because the difference in intensity. Could that be part of it? Of course, if you're happy dripping 'Zombie Elixer' at 24mg, that sorta negates that theory.

In any case, try 'Red Ape' again and, if it's still too strong, I'd be more than happy to buy it from you. Send me a PM.

While I'm on the subject, if anyone bought the any of the three Halloween flavors that are no longer available ('Candy Man', 'Pumpkin Head', or 'Trick R Treat') and hasn't gotten around to trying them - don't bother. They're terrible, you won't like them. Trust me.

But I have a solution! Out of the sheer goodness of my heart, I'll buy them from you.

Just because I'm such a nice person.

Really! :)

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa

Malachi

I've thrown their name in the ring several times, I really liked the samples I got, I'll be ordering more in the future!

I got

Vampire's Kiss - really like this! It's got a "crisp" feel to it, that's the champagne. Very tasty.
Haunted Cauldron - root beer float. This one needs some serious steeping, but once it does, it's delicious. I've ordered a couple of root beers from other vendors, and they all have that "sarsaparilla" roots taste at first, they all needed time to blend with the sweet and the other flavors. Theirs is the best, by far.
Screaming Yeti - mint chocolate - this one also needed a long, long steep, I was not getting any chocolate at all, but it finally came into focus very slowly - VERY smooth, it's not an overwhelming flavor like a Halo chocolate and mint, but more subtle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread