The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Darwin, confused

Discussion in 'Darwin' started by grillman65, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. grillman65

grillman65 Full Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Tobaccoville, NC
    Well, I'm thinking of getting the Darwin after looking at some great reviews on youtube. Then I found some bad reviews, not too sure now. I'm surprised to find out a lot of people having to send these back for repair, two and three times. The two year warranty is great to have, along with great customer service. But, if you have to keep sending it back, time and time again, before you know it, two years runs out. I just need to take my time with this possible purchase.:unsure:

2. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    There is one guy who has been going around bashing the Darwin all over the place for quite a while. He even posted two separate reviews under different names on the e-cig mods database. I won't go into details of all the drama, but a lot (if not all) of that person's info is outright BS and the vast majority of Darwin users don't experience many problems. That's not to say issues don't arise, they certainly do, just not all that often and when they do Evolv is quick to handle them. I've had mine for almost a year, now, and have never had any problems with it at all :) It has been my daily go-to mod for all that time, the one I take out and about with me to work, etc

I'm sure there are legitimate bad reviews out there, like anything else it isn't going to please everybody, but the majority of the really bad negatives that I've seen appear to have been from the same dipwad (based on the content of the reviews) :2c:

3. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    I had a darwin and it was one of the best pvs I ever owned.. Wish I would have kept it now. Never a problem with it.. Love the switch on it. I wouldn't hesitate to order one if I were you.

4. grillman65

grillman65 Full Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Tobaccoville, NC
    OK, thanks for the input. I always take a bad review with a grain of salt.

5. Batsu

Batsu Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2010
    oregon
    i want a darwin.... if they were ever in stock when i had 245$ sitting around

6. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    Hopefully they will be soon. I lucked out when I bought mine, I had it timed just right so that when I made my decision to pull the trigger they happened to come in stock the very next day . . . couldn't have timed it that good if I'd tried :laugh: I heard somewhere a short time ago that Brandon was in the process of making more Darwin PCBs, so I assume that means there will be some more in the near future. Just recently has been one of the longest out of stock periods I've seen, but now that the Kick has been released and a second run of those is soon to come I'm sure the boys at Evolv are hard at work on the next batch ;-)

7. Mosin_Sergei

Mosin_Sergei Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2012
    Nizniy Novgorod Russia
    I stand in line to buy Darwin.
    None of the seller is not available, unfortunately ...

8. ambeck22

ambeck22 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2012
    Meadowbrook, WV
    I read April. I can't wait to get my hands on one, too :evil:.

9. Mosin_Sergei

Mosin_Sergei Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2012
    Nizniy Novgorod Russia
  10. AaronY

AaronY Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    Santa Monica
    I totally agree. They are the best mods out there IMHO. Here is a transcript of the review I did of it.

11. ssredchevelle

ssredchevelle Full Member

Jan 6, 2012
    NC
    I am also waiting on these bad boys to come back in stock.... Would love to get one. Anyone have any clue when there will be more in stock?

12. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I think that is a Good way to look at Reviews.

BTW - Love you Avatar.

13. AaronY

AaronY Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    Santa Monica
    What did you deiced? Or are you going to wait for the Darwin 2?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.