Darwin

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyrat

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2010
Houston
Has anyone seen the Darwin Battery at NHaler? It has gotten my interest, but a little pricey.

The Darwin is a new power regulated personal vaporizer by Evolv that can be used with all of your atomizers and cartomizers that have a 510 connection. The Darwin can also be used with adapters to utilize atomizers and cartomizers with other connections.

This device features new, state of the art technology bundled with a sleek design. The Darwin boasts unprecedented power capabilities which are properly managed to outlast conventional battery mods
giving the user ultimate control in adjusting the wattage of your PV.

The Darwin's thumbwheel allows you to choose your desired wattage (power). When you press the button to vape, the Darwin reads the resistance of your atomizer/cartomizer and adjusts the voltage to
attain the wattage you've chosen. The Darwin is constantly reading that resistance and adjusting the voltage appropriately, so you'll always have a consistent vape even as the resistance of your atomizer/cartomizer changes with age or while heating up as you vape.

You can set and forget your preferred wattage if you'd like, but you can also adjust the wattage on the fly while inhaling, so you'll always be able to find and maintain the perfect vape regardless of
which atomizer, cartomizer, or e-liquid you happen to be using. The Darwin's backlit LCD displays your chosen wattage, as well as the current voltage, amperage, atomizer/cartomizer resistance, and battery level.

The Darwin has a swivel atomizer connection. Swivel it all the way down to turn the unit off and it's very pocket friendly. Swivel it all the way up, or anywhere in between, and you're ready to vape in whichever position you find most comfortable.

The Darwin does not require additional batteries. Its 1600 mAh internal battery is charged with the included AC charger, or can be charged with a standard mini USB cable connected to any USB power
source. The USB charging connection also acts as a passthrough, so you can continue to vape while charging your Darwin.

Full 2 year warranty on the Darwin and a 1 year battery warranty.

TheDarwinBattery_1.jpg

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
greyrat -
Darwin is much more than a battery. While it does use a different type of battery (lithium polymer cells) it also has micro-processor, longest batt life in vaping (short of 26 series) and Power Regulates. Regulated Power lets you set for a target Watts level and the device's micro-processor constantly monitors the ohms of your atty/carto and constantly regulates power (automatically adjusts volts and amps) in real time to maintain your set target watts level. As watts express as heat in vaping - this gives the user the most consistent heat/temp to the vapor. If you change attys/cartos, Darwin will "see" the different ohms and make the changes automatically to maintain your watts level.

There are many posts in the reviews section here in ecf. Go to reviews and devices and then search for Darwin. There is also and extensive thread in the NHaler sub-forum that is dedicated to the Darwin and many knowledgeable Darwin users post there daily. You can see that thread here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nhaler/151096-darwin-evolv.html check it out and ask any questions you have in this thread - you will likely see responses in minutes (or at least very soon).

There is another thread started by a Darwin user that also has great info on the device here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ything-you-ever-wanted-know-about-darwin.html

Happy Holidays and best wishes in your new devices research.

greyrat

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2010
Houston
greyrat -
Darwin is much more than a battery. While it does use a different type of battery (lithium polymer cells) it also has micro-processor, longest batt life in vaping (short of 26 series) and Power Regulates. Regulated Power lets you set for a target Watts level and the device's micro-processor constantly monitors the ohms of your atty/carto and constantly regulates power (automatically adjusts volts and amps) in real time to maintain your set target watts level. As watts express as heat in vaping - this gives the user the most consistent heat/temp to the vapor. If you change attys/cartos, Darwin will "see" the different ohms and make the changes automatically to maintain your watts level.

There are many posts in the reviews section here in ecf. Go to reviews and devices and then search for Darwin. There is also and extensive thread in the NHaler sub-forum that is dedicated to the Darwin and many knowledgeable Darwin users post there daily. You can see that thread here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nhaler/151096-darwin-evolv.html check it out and ask any questions you have in this thread - you will likely see responses in minutes (or at least very soon).

There is another thread started by a Darwin user that also has great info on the device here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ything-you-ever-wanted-know-about-darwin.html

Happy Holidays and best wishes in your new devices research.

I am very curious about the Darwin so I will follow the links. Thanks for your help and Happy Holidays to you and yours!

SAX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Austin, TX
I know the review you speak of and I first went with a ProVari (great mod I must say) after a month or so I was looking for more and did my research on the Darwin. I received mine last week and I must say it is wonderful. It is now my go to Mod and I couldn't see ever being without it. Good luck on your search.

ndnshift

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Redmond
wow... really respect that guy for being in the scene so long, but that review is total BS. well, at least in terms of objectivity... but everyone is entitled to their own opinions and he's very clear that most of his negatives against it are subjective.

once you go darwin, you'll wonder how you vaped without it. provari is very nice as well, but absolutely _nothing_ comes close to the darwin in two areas... use and longevity. being able to dial the voltage is amazing even if it has the drawback of accidentally bumping the dial. the main reason i have trouble using anything else is the longevity. even with the biggest battery mods, is there any PV that will pump out 6 volts for two days? and charge in two hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread