Davide vs. Protank

Status
Not open for further replies.

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Hi!
So my first tank was a mini Protank 2 and I just got my regular Protank 2 in the mail, today. I notice that one of my local B&M's has a Davide on sale. I have heard rave reviews about it and, in many instances, that it is actually better than the Protank because of leakage issues that I haven't had with either Protank (knock on wood). What do you guys think? Worth the buy?

Living, loving, and laughing all the time!

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Well, I have all of those tanks, and I can't, for the life of me, get that effing Davide to wick well. It has a fairly airy draw too.

If you are using a 70/30 pg/vg then you should be ok, but I use a 50/50 and even after messing with the wicks and taking a million primer puffs, I can't get it to wick right. I even rebuilt the head with 32 gauge and cotton, and it still wouldn't wick properly. Burnt, yuck, burnt.

Then, after messing with this thing for a week, I put in one of my thinner juices, and it was wicking fine. Over time, however, I've noticed a burnt rubber taste to the coils. I had to store the Davide heads and swap them out for Kanger heads. No burning rubber yet with the thinner juice.

Note: If you have a device with a recessed post, the Davide will NOT fire on it. It does not fire on my MVP without pulling the atomizer pin out a bit.

So, the long and short of it is . . . (for me anyway) . . . the Davide looks amazing, but if you are using a higher viscosity juice, it probably won't wick right, after some time, the Davide heads taste like burnt rubber, and it doesn't fire on some devices. I dunno, I'd take my Protank 2 all day, everyday over the Davide. For more info on the Davide and other similar glassomizers, check out this review: A PBusardo Review - ProTank II, Mini ProTank, Davide, & a Contest - YouTube VERY HELPFUL! :)

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Well, I have all of those tanks, and I can't, for the life of me, get that effing Davide to wick well. It has a fairly airy draw too.

If you are using a 70/30 pg/vg then you should be ok, but I use a 50/50 and even after messing with the wicks and taking a million primer puffs, I can't get it to wick right. I even rebuilt the head with 32 gauge and cotton, and it still wouldn't wick properly. Burnt, yuck, burnt.

Then, after messing with this thing for a week, I put in one of my thinner juices, and it was wicking fine. Over time, however, I've noticed a burnt rubber taste to the coils. I had to store the Davide heads and swap them out for Kanger heads. No burning rubber yet with the thinner juice.

Note: If you have a device with a recessed post, the Davide will NOT fire on it. It does not fire on my MVP without pulling the atomizer pin out a bit.

So, the long and short of it is . . . (for me anyway) . . . the Davide looks amazing, but if you are using a higher viscosity juice, it probably won't wick right, after some time, the Davide heads taste like burnt rubber, and it doesn't fire on some devices. I dunno, I'd take my Protank 2 all day, everyday over the Davide. For more info on the Davide and other similar glassomizers, check out this review: A PBusardo Review - ProTank II, Mini ProTank, Davide, & a Contest - YouTube VERY HELPFUL! :)

Thanks so much!

Living, loving, and laughing all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread