Day One

Status
Not open for further replies.

bea828

Oct 17, 2012
Arizona
Good luck! Remember not to beat yourself up if you do smoke, just pick up your e cig the next time you get the urge. Drink lots of water and try NOT to look at this as a "quit" Tell yourself your just switching brands......I found this to be very helpful when I first quit. It helped alleviate the stress and depression of losing a friend. :)

this here is good advice. Also - it's not mentioned enough - brushing your teeth helps LOTS. It's something I don't think people that smoke think a lot about. but I've noticed since I've been trying to make the switch that I'm more successful when I brush my teeth a lot than when I just ride all day on my morning brush.

Congtatulations!! You can do it!

this soo much this!!!

Good luck and congrats! Just remember to always have a charged battery and a full carto with you at all times. Whenever you get a craving, vape. If you're still getting heavy cravings, up your nic level a little. I started at 12mg and soon found that I needed 24mg to get me of the analogues. Now I'm back at 18mg. Down from here. Also, don't go chasing vape flavors that taste just like a cig or a menthol. You won't find it (and why would you want to if you're trying to quit 'em?). Just go for flavors that actually TASTE GOOD. You'll succeed! Best of luck.

Sent using Tapatalk

It's so hard to make the switch - and I've not done it completely yet - but really there is good advice up there. Vape as much as you can and when it's *too much* then have a smoke.

Good luck! I am on day 16, and it is amazing: even the smell of an analog is no longer pleasing to me! However, it really makes you realize all the other addictive ingredients in analogs. I was definitely getting enough nicotine and still had the whole hand to mouth thing, but still my body had to go through some adjustments.

yes - this too. I went one day on only 1 cigg. It HURT me. It was a really rough day. But I know I can do it. Now it's just a matter of finding acceptable step down levels.

I also had my last cigarette on July 11. I started with and EgO and clearomizer...and simply refused to buy/bum another cigarette. I work around smokers all night, every night. I have absolutely no desire to touch another cigarette...ever! My suggestion is find a tasty flavor that tastes nothing like a cigarette.

Good luck and happy vaping!

Galen

this is also sooo very true. My smokers that I work with can now call my flavor of choice. I heard dude say tonight "that smells like blueberry" and I was all "yes. you know what it didn't smell like? ;) "

The more you vape the less you'll want an analog!

I too started with blu ... now i use an eGo Twist and a clearomizer , which I suggest as your next step up . Its vey straight forward and user friendly. There are so many FLAVORS! They are endless...

I'm still 50/50 but omg the flavors! omg the nic levels! I'll work it all out for me eventually - just now some trial and tribulations.

ego twist was my starter and I'm more than happy with that.

SolemnPenguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
Houston, TX
I broke down on my way home from work yesterday and bought a pack of analogs. Gah! Still on the e-cig at work and I think I'm going to check out the eGo Twist today at lunch. I need more flavors I think. Menthol and coffee just aren't cutting it. Plus, feed the economy!

Don't beat your self up. Some people make the switch immediately others take a while. Maybe that pack will last you longer than any pack ever has. :)

wyckdkarma

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
Garner, NC
Wishing you good luck!
If its any consolation, I quit almost by accident. I never intended to quit when I got my first e-cig, I was just trying to find a way to maintain my nicotine level with the ever increasing smoking bans. The more I used my e-cig, the more I grew to prefer it over my stinky cigs. I recommended vaping to my mother (50+ years of smoking 1-2 packs per day). She hasn't smoked an analog since her very first vape.
Give yourself time and patience. Best of luck!

catoliver

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2012
South Carolina
I had my last (hopefully) analog on my way to work this morning. We'll see how it goes. :) I'm not going to beat myself up if I buy a pack later today and have one but I do plan on using my e-cig to vap as much as I can. I was a PAD smoker, maybe a little more, for about 17 years. Here goes nothing!

You mean "Here goes everything!"

Good for you for trying! What set up are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread