The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

day with the stick

Discussion in 'iVapour UK' started by hanover fist, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hanover fist

hanover fist Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2009
    Hi all
    There are at least 5 videos of the Janty Stick out there so I see no point in adding more. Today was my first full day using the Stick and this IMOA is a must for any E-cig smoker out there. It vapes like the Dura C or 510 but with the capacity of the pen style and it draws down the liquid form the cart better then my Kissbox. It has a nice draw with the Kissbox atomizer and an easer draw with generic atomizer think that due to the cross shaped hole pattern on the atomizer base.
    Of course it’s the form factor that’s the big thing here it feels great in your hand and the switch is well placed with a great textile feel to it. The combo USB pass-through and charger is great I call this my grab and go e-cig I can be on my computer at home or work and with my USB car adapter just unplug it and go --- no unscrewing a battery and replacing it with a standard one the batteries lasted me for 5 hours + of heavy vapping and takes an hour or so to recharge.
    The cutoff begins to turn red with a purple color at about 6 seconds and cuts out at 11 seconds with a flashing red LED then you just start up again if you wish! but with the big hit you get there’s no need to hit it again right away. The cut off has been very consistent I take a large draw and I seem to stop as it begins to change color.
    The Battery cover is very nice you don’t need to torque this cap down and I can unscrew it with a finger nail to get it started then use my finger to do the rest. It does have screw driver slots if you get it too tight. I tried a US Dime $0.10 the thinness coin in the U.S. and it won’t fit.
    The JANTY STICK will sell for 79.95 USD/59.59 EURO with a $10.00 off for the presale and this is what you get for that price:

1 x JANTY STICK BODY
    1 x classic atomizer under warranty
    2 x E-CIGAR BATTERIES
    1 x Mini USB cable for charging AND vaping through computer/car/power outlet
    5 x Free Classic carts
    1 x Unique designed leather carrying pouch

I ordered a LIMITED EDITION auto and looking forward to using the auto switch we will see which one I like the best
    Thank you Janty for giving me the opportunity to beta test and thank all of you on the forum for all your help and reviews

Bob

2. Chuffer

Chuffer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2008
    New York State
    Thank you--very helpful review. I think I'll stay with my Dura and SD for now, though. Penstyle vape is a little too smooth for me. Also, I think that screw top on the battery compartment could get annoying over time.

3. scyllabub

scyllabub Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2008
    London, UK
    If I hadn't broken my SD and then lost the broken end so that there's no point uptaking Trog's kind offer to sell me a new front end (are you following? :D ) I wouldn't be going for the Stick. But I have a feeling the Stick will actually suit my hand better, so the lost SD may be a blessing in disguise.

That's a great review, thank you Bluetooth, and I'm so reassured that you've mentioned "great hit" because I wasn't happy with the penstyle atomiser I tried.

scylla...

4. frogbmth

frogbmth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2009
    Dorset, UK
    According to Ludo, a dura atomizer adapter is coming too

5. Toby

Toby Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK
    Can anyone out there help us out with the actual dimensions of the box the Set comes in? (demo version did not have box)

Bluetooth Bob?

We can then get the correct size packages ready for shipping, and speed up the process once the Sticks finally arrive in the UK....

6. frogbmth

frogbmth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2009
    Dorset, UK
    I see Ludo said its like the Dura box but a little bigger, so it doesnt look like the monster the KBC comes in.

7. Toby

Toby Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2008
    York UK
    KBC Standard set is now small too! (has been for a while) - Thanks again Frog!
    But if anyone happens to know the exact height (how much heigher than the Dura Box), it would be good, as the intended packaging might end up being a touch too small.... (and if all the addresses were attached...)...

8. LuckySevens4U

LuckySevens4U Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2009
    USA
    Wish they'd make a 901 adapter for it. :(

9. chief druid

chief druid Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2009
    north wales U.K.
    i'm supprised they are still making 901's ....

10. scyllabub

Oct 27, 2008
    London, UK
    I'm very fond of my 901s - although they've led me a merry dance they've kept me baccy-free since last October - nothing short of a miracle :sneaky:

Deep down I'm convinced they could be improved, I reckon they just need a stronger battery (and a modicum of quality control!).

scylla

11. chief druid

chief druid Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2009
    north wales U.K.
    they have been impoved .. the dura c..... its the new 901 ...

12. scyllabub

Oct 27, 2008
    London, UK
    Duh! But wait - they're double the price! I was looking at them when Smoke Juice had them on pre-order. If I'd seen the feedback on them like on the Stick I might have got one. But I think the USB vaping was the big deal finaliser for me.

scylla

13. karenrcg

karenrcg Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2008
    Derbyshire, UK
    Scyllar it might seem like a lot of money at the time but they are more economical in the long run, I wish I had bought my Dura sooner instead of literally throwing money away on crappy 901 batteries.:(

14. scyllabub

Oct 27, 2008
    London, UK
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.