DC/Baltimore/NOVA area Vapers? Where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
I'm in Columbia MD. The closest "brick and mortar" shops are over 2 hours away in Cumberland MD or Richmond VA. Most of the malls here in my part of MD don't even have kiosks that sell e-cigs. I don't know what it is, but it's like e-cigs have already been banned in the People's REpublic of MD--there is just VERY little visible presence, except th ecrappy throw-aways you can get in Walgreens or gas stations...

So I think a Facebook goup for DC-metro-area Vapers would be nice, or some sort of monthly meetup or something. Anyone know of any such events already happening. I know I missed "VapeCon" in Richmond a few weeks ago--happened the weekend I placed my first order.

I'm desperate to find some other Vapers and share stories, ideas, and opinions--FTF. Plus I'd like to make contacts with folks who are interested in th epolitical side of vaping. I'm already a die-hard 2A activist (testified 3 times in the MD General Assembly for better Concealed Carry laws in this god-forsaken state...) and I'd like to use some of my expertise in activism to help th eVaping movement in MD too...

So let's hear some "shout-outs" folks--Maryland, DC, northern Virginia and the Eastern panhandle of West Virginia too!

papercrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
Baltimore
Hey!!! I'm in Towson. :) Here's the local forum on ECF, but it's kinda dead:

DC/Baltimore Vapers

There are local places!

http://www.vapexcape.com/ I've never been here, but I've heard the shop is way better than the website, which is basically empty

Home It's a the Northpoint flea market in Dundalk. The flea market is SKETCHY, but the lady that runs the place is friendly and knowledgeable.

Welcome to Facebook Somewhat active FB group. Haven't attended a meetup yet!

Hope this helps!

Davenkay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Vapexcape is top notch. Mark and his crew will make you feel like a king. This is not an undecorated mall kiosk, but a beautiful retail shop...well decorated...staff very knowledgeable. They also sell aroma therapy devices and oils and detoxifying teas.

I also read there is a franchise store called Vape Dojo planned for Ellicott City.

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
Never mind, I found the DC-area sub-group.

Wow, that was an embarrassingly newbie-eque faux pas. And to think--I was one of the people who helped various US government agencies get their START on the Internet, back in the 1990s.

Really, I'm not a noob--just tired and un-attentive this evening... :blink:

"papercrow", I've requested to join the FB group--and now that I found the local sub-forum here on this site, you can bet that I'll be whipping things up a little. I'm ALL about the "organizing meet-ups". I lived in NC for 3 years, and was a MASSIVE "open carry" advocate, and helped start several meet-ups, advocacy groups, and even started what has become the largest chapter of SCCC in NC at my university (I was attending grad school).

Yeah, let's get things whipped up. I want to hear everyone's stories from VaporCon in Richmond, and see everyone's mods and trade liquids with other people and just talk about Vaping in general.

Let's get this party re-started... :p

whanso1

Aug 31, 2012
Maryland, USA
:w00t:

I have only seen one maryland'er vaping in the wild... except when i go to vapexcape store.
It's a good store. Of course the prices are a little higher than internet prices... but often worth it to me. They have always been polite and helpful when i have gone there. There has always been at-least one other customer there when i have been there, so there must be others vaping in maryland.

I'm not a very social person, but i would consider showing up for a 'vape-meet'.

Anyway, hi from another part of maryland. :)

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
:w00t:

I have only seen one maryland'er vaping in the wild... except when i go to vapexcape store.

Funny yhing about that--I was at the MD Renn Faire last weekend with some friends (one of whom has been using BLU's for a few months), and we were sitting in the the "White Hart" listening to a band, and a tall, young-ish "Rennie" walked by in garb--puffing on what looked to be a 901 or 510 with an atomizer/cartridge (not a cart).

So there were THREE "vapers" right there at the MD Renn faire--all in the same place. What are the chances of that?

Let's DEFINITELY get something together soon. I'm planning to buy a mod soon and I'd like some input...

CurlyBmore

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Baltimore
Would love to see a meetup around Baltimore. Bmore Vapes has a booth at the Patapsco Flea Market. They have a lot of unique flavors but not a wide variety of equipment. Netmix at Northpoint fleamarket has standard ego type stuff and some mods as well as juice made on the spot. Vapexcape has a very nice, pretty store with teas and other relaxation products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread