Not open for further replies.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
122 views, finally a comment! I was giving up hope! :ohmy:
I know caramel and coffee, I tried several versions, no luck. It's supposed to be an iced coffee. I don't know if it's coffee, expresso, cappuccino? Someone thought it tasted like salted caramel cappuccino. I have a bottle steeping with salted caramel, haven't had her try it yet. Like I said, I don't like coffee so I just don't have a clue? Was hoping someone tried it, and had a good guess.

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
Here's an excellent recipe that's in my regular rotation that was posted by Ace777 a couple of months back. I've never tried DCV's Hillbilly Heaven so I can't compare. I did order some Iced Coffee (which I love) from DCV one time and ended up giving it away. It was slap lousy, like some chemical stew topped off with menthol, certainly not any iced coffee I'd ever drank. This recipe by Ace is really good though.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquid-recipes/519149-salted-caramel-coffee.html

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
I'm sorry, I'd never even heard of it. But a question about 'Hillbilly Heaven' from someone called 'Jugband' makes me lmao.

So I looked at their website, and given the flavors they offer, I believe they're using TFA flavorings.

If you smell the just-opened bottle and get a little skunky scent from it, and if it's clear amber, it would be based on TFA's Coffee Clear.

If it's very dark, more likely plain TFA Coffee.

If it smells very strong, but not at all skunkish, and it's very clear juice with lots of sweet caramel flavor, look to TFA Caramel Cappuccino. If that's what they're using, and you vape it with too much power, it gives a burnt caramel flavor like Cracker Jacks. If you've tasted that note at all, it's a dead giveaway.

Does any of that help at all?

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Ha ha ha! It never even occurred to me! Hillbilly Heaven asked by Jugband! :laugh: that is funny!
But thank you so much for the help everyone! I'll certainly take the advice and give it a shot. Everyone here has such great recipes and advice! And oddly enough Headinclouds, I've seriously been vapeing Cracker Jacks all day! I am right now! One of my favorite recipes I found here! Thanks again everyone!

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Here's an excellent recipe that's in my regular rotation that was posted by Ace777 a couple of months back. I've never tried DCV's Hillbilly Heaven so I can't compare. I did order some Iced Coffee (which I love) from DCV one time and ended up giving it away. It was slap lousy, like some chemical stew topped off with menthol, certainly not any iced coffee I'd ever drank. This recipe by Ace is really good though.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquid-recipes/519149-salted-caramel-coffee.html
I just looked at this recipe, it's the same one I found that I have steeping now. I must be on the right track! Thanks!

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Jugband, please point me to the Cracker Jacks recipe or copy it here for me. I've used TFA Caramel Cappuccino at high percents and high power for that flavor, but a proper recipe would be great. If you like Cracker Jacks, you really ought to try Caramel Cappuccino. Don't be put off by the comments you'll find about it. It's good stuff to Cracker Jacks fans.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I wish I had the links so I could give credit to who's they were. I just write them down as I find them in a notebook, so I'll have to just pass them along. Actually I found two! The first is the one I was speaking of. Love it! The second I haven't tried yet. I don't have the nut mix or butter cream yet, but I plan to get it! Hope they work out for ya!
Cracker Jack
10% popcorn
5% caramel
2% Peanut butter

Peanuts & Cracker Jacks
15% Nuts
3% Caramel
2% Popcorn
1% Vanillin
1% Butter Cream

Status
Not open for further replies.