de-bridging attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Debridging an atty is super easy! I would use an atty you don't use a whole ton and watch a youtube video while you try, but it's really not hard. Step 1 is removing as much of the wire mesh as you can with a pair of tweezers. It probably won't all come out in one piece nor will it most likely ALL come out but that's what you need to do first. Then all you have to do is catch the exposed bridge with your tweezers and gently pull side to side until you loosen it and can pull it out. Again, I'd do this with a youtube video but it's really not hard... that's how I learned initially and practice makes perfect. Also, you'll want to be as gentle as possible but to be perfectly honest I have had to use a decent amount of force before and the atty still worked after that. Just don't get frustrated if you bust the first one :) Debridging is a really smart way to save money and resurrect foul tasting atties. Good choice!

toxicmissliz

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Manchester, CT
Debridging an atty is super easy! I would use an atty you don't use a whole ton and watch a youtube video while you try, but it's really not hard. Step 1 is removing as much of the wire mesh as you can with a pair of tweezers. It probably won't all come out in one piece nor will it most likely ALL come out but that's what you need to do first. Then all you have to do is catch the exposed bridge with your tweezers and gently pull side to side until you loosen it and can pull it out. Again, I'd do this with a youtube video but it's really not hard... that's how I learned initially and practice makes perfect. Also, you'll want to be as gentle as possible but to be perfectly honest I have had to use a decent amount of force before and the atty still worked after that. Just don't get frustrated if you bust the first one :) Debridging is a really smart way to save money and resurrect foul tasting atties. Good choice!

Thank you for the advice! I'll give it a try (fingers crossed I don't break it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread