Dead Rabbit and the air flow in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MortenOen

Nov 16, 2016
Way too long video, but important stuff. The cool part starts at about 13:00 minutes in, if you know or own the Dead Rabbit allready :)

Sorry for the cautious vaping in the end, the air holes were only half way open:-( I'm steaming full ahead now! The vapor and flavor is astonishing! Best ever! I'll make a super short update as soon as I can. Greenhorn mistake. Again.

MortenOen

Nov 16, 2016
I had an opportunity to use this RDA at my local vape shop (the owner is an excellent dude and we bounce ideas off each other all the time). His build was insanely inefficient, but wow, was it ever impressive. Had everything and a lot of it.

:) A friend of mine, Halvor Hegna, came up with a brilliant idea. He sugested I file the air holes in the Dead Rabbit so that it did not point so sharply down! I could hit myself for not thinking about that simple solution. The Dead Rabbit will be revisited in a short video where I put a huge coil dead center and make the air holes point straight at it!

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
You guys overthink this stuff way too much.

I dialed my vape in years ago and my vape style hasn't changed much. Certainly the increases in flavour and vapour quality I've experienced have been incremental (and often heavily associated with whatever RDA I've migrated to).

What's less obvious (but far, far more drastic, in terms of results), is efficiency. 3 years ago I moved to dual battery mechs to support my builds and get decent runtime. I averaged more than 10ml of juice per day. Now, I run all day on one 18650 and use 3-5ml of juice.

That is, to put it mildly, really nice.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
@MortenOen
Thank you for the videos as I have watched several now.
I have a couple questions maybe playing devils advocate.
Your videos I have watched are always a single airflow. When there is dual airflow on opposing sides and the air goes in straight, how do they affect each other and turbulence. Assuming postless with no block in the middle to obstruct.
Secondarily most modern rda have a dome or conical cap, have you done testing with this? Also does your box tester change the results as our rda are round.
Not poking holes in the info just curious if these things factor in. Thanks in advance.

MortenOen

Nov 16, 2016
@MortenOen
Thank you for the videos as I have watched several now.
I have a couple questions maybe playing devils advocate.
Your videos I have watched are always a single airflow. When there is dual airflow on opposing sides and the air goes in straight, how do they affect each other and turbulence. Assuming postless with no block in the middle to obstruct.
Secondarily most modern rda have a dome or conical cap, have you done testing with this? Also does your box tester change the results as our rda are round.
Not poking holes in the info just curious if these things factor in. Thanks in advance.

Your questions are all important and just. I wonder about them myself. I have a video with oposite air flow, one of the more dificult ones, the Death Trap from Deathwish Modz, see link below.

I am going to test the Pulse 24 sometime in the near future, that is two coils on a postless deck.

Regarding dome shaped tops, they do not influence on air flow, but they very much reduce the amount of turbulence and "wasted space" in the RDA, and make them more efficient.

The test will not differ in a round chamber, but the turbulence will get less, because there are no corners. When air stream lets go of the coil, it will turn into turbulence as soon as it hits the neares obstruction. Thats why round corners and a lot of cotton and a domed top is so important. Remember that air flow has direction, while turbulence is very inefficient and chaotic.

Here is a link to my air flow tutorial of the Death Trap with two air flows in a postless deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread