Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I have a handful of vv/vw batts. Winders, spinners, and an itaste 3.0. I've been looking to get a bigger mod and decided on the SID. My buddy has a vamo that I've tested and I like it but I want something different so the SID seems like a great choice.

I want to order this week but I'm not 100% sure what other things to get along with it. I think I'm going to order the SID, 2 samsung 18650's, and a trustfire charger from MVS. If someone knows a better place to order from let me know. They seem to have the best prices in the US for one stop shopping on the SID, charger, batts.

I'm not sure which direction to go with tanks. I want to order 3 glass ones. I have a pile of evods and t-3 minis already. I don't mind smaller capacity because I switch flaves a lot. I'm definitely getting a protank 2 though so that will cover the higher capacity. Not sure what to get along side. I'm thinking about the davide mini or maybe protank mini. I've had great luck with bcc's and I like the vape.

Any thoughts on other glass bcc's?

I also want to test out a carto tank. What's a good introduction to the world of cartotanks and a good place to buy them?

I don't like top coils at all so I'm not going in that direction for now.

TIA!

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Have fun with the SID. That was also on my short list before I finally decided on the Vamo V3.

SmokTech has a newer BCC tank called the Aro. It's similar in appearance, performance and capacity to the MT3S, and with a glass tank instead of polycarb. Sadly however, it does not take Evod coil heads. A blank, headless MT3S base will screw into the Aro, but even with a shorty Evod head, it will not screw into the tank.

Also, on the charger, I'd recommend getting a Nitecore or Pila charger instead of the Trustfire. The Trustfire is Ok, but the charger is not the place I'd want to cut corners to save money.

If you do try the carto route, make sure you buy quality. I started out with a cheapo from FastTech and it was an unmitigated disaster. I probably won't go any further down that route. The whole priming, shaking, priming, shaking and filling routine is a turnoff.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Thanks guys. I like the ARO from what I've read so far. I'll get a couple and test them out (8 bucks a pop for a glass tank makes it an easy decision). I'm going to hold off on the carto tanks for now. Looks like a pro-tank 2 and 2 aro's will take care of the toppers for the SID. I have enough evods to start a small shop so I have no shortage of options.

Any opinions on efest chargers? I'm trying to keep the order to 2 vendors. MVS and DV have everything I want except no nitecore or pila charger. If efest are known to be good and reliable I'll get that instead of the trustfire.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Thanks guys. I like the ARO from what I've read so far. I'll get a couple and test them out (8 bucks a pop for a glass tank makes it an easy decision). I'm going to hold off on the carto tanks for now. Looks like a pro-tank 2 and 2 aro's will take care of the toppers for the SID. I have enough evods to start a small shop so I have no shortage of options.

Any opinions on efest chargers? I'm trying to keep the order to 2 vendors. MVS and DV have everything I want except no nitecore or pila charger. If efest are known to be good and reliable I'll get that instead of the trustfire.

Efest is good equipment and on par with the Nitecore. I should have included that in my list. I have bought lots of gear from DV and you can't go wrong with them.

I like the Aro's look and performance but dislike its proprietary head (even though I bought replacements). Here's mine side by side with my PT2.

KtciBCf.jpg

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Dangit. MVS is sold out of the SID. Next best place I can find it litecigusa but they don't have the batteries and charger I want. I trying to go with just 2 vendors but supply is making it hard.

DV has the efest LUC charger but only efest batteries. Are efest batteries ok? I can get the panasonics from litecig but they are the most expensive. Hard to justify.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Pulled the trigger and got everything ordered. Got a black SID, 2 18650's 2600mahs, nitecore i4 charger (only $18 on amazon), protank 2, and 2 davide mini's. I went with the davide's because they are compatible with kanger evod/protank heads. I have 20 of those in blister packs. If I went with the smok aro's I would have had to deal with other heads and I already have some T-3's that need their own so I kept it as simple as possible.

I tried davide mini's on a vamo this past weekend and they vaped great. Super stoked for my vapemail barrage this week. Thanks for the input!

droidvap3r

Aug 9, 2013
AZ
Pulled the trigger and got everything ordered. Got a black SID, 2 18650's 2600mahs, nitecore i4 charger (only $18 on amazon), protank 2, and 2 davide mini's. I went with the davide's because they are compatible with kanger evod/protank heads. I have 20 of those in blister packs. If I went with the smok aro's I would have had to deal with other heads and I already have some T-3's that need their own so I kept it as simple as possible.

I tried davide mini's on a vamo this past weekend and they vaped great. Super stoked for my vapemail barrage this week. Thanks for the input!

Nice i bought the sid about a month ago and loving it, nice mod imo! :2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread