The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

deep cleaning?

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by bullet08, Mar 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bullet08

bullet08 Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2014
    USA
    how many of you completely break down the regulated mod to clean out spilled juice and dusts?

2. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I've been pretty Lucky in that I have only had to Break Down a Mod once because e-Liquid had gotten inside it.

BTW - Just a Word of Warning: If you do attempt to take the Board out of a Regulated Mod. be Very Careful with the Buttons. Because it can be Very Easy to Break the Button Actuators on some Boards.

And if you do, you now will have a not very efficient Paper Weight.

BTW2 - If the Mod you are doing Surgery on has a Built in Battery, then the Board can be "Hot" in places even if the Mod is Turned Off.

So Don't go poking around with a Metal Dental Pick lifting Wires or trying to get a Mod Button to clear a Button Actuator.

BTW3 - Don't ask me How I found this out in BTW2.

• Like Like x 4
  3. bullet08

bullet08 Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2014
    USA
    i really don't want to. but i noticed that i keep spilling juice when going out for vape. thinking it might be a good idea to clean it out before something shorts out.

4. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I'm not sure what the chances of Shorting is?

But I Do Know that the Buttons can get all Gummed Up. And that could lead to the Fire Button Sticking.

In the Old Days of 510 Auto's, a Last Resort for Non-Working Mod would be to Flush the e-Cigarette with 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. And then letting it Dry for 3 or 4 Days. Not saying you Should or Shouldn't do this.

But you wouldn't need to Break Down the Entire Mod to do a Alcohol Flush.

5. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Never done it.

6. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

No never, for the same reason I don't break down my car and try to fix anything. I need it everyday, it is essential to my daily life, and I would just make things worse.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.