Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've been pretty Lucky in that I have only had to Break Down a Mod once because e-liquid had gotten inside it.

BTW - Just a Word of Warning: If you do attempt to take the Board out of a Regulated Mod. be Very Careful with the Buttons. Because it can be Very Easy to Break the Button Actuators on some Boards.

And if you do, you now will have a not very efficient Paper Weight.

BTW2 - If the Mod you are doing Surgery on has a Built in Battery, then the Board can be "Hot" in places even if the Mod is Turned Off.

So Don't go poking around with a Metal Dental Pick lifting Wires or trying to get a Mod Button to clear a Button Actuator.

BTW3 - Don't ask me How I found this out in BTW2.

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
I've been pretty Lucky in that I have only had to Break Down a Mod once because e-Liquid had gotten inside it.

BTW - Just a Word of Warning: If you do attempt to take the Board out of a Regulated Mod. be Very Careful with the Buttons. Because it can be Very Easy to Break the Button Actuators on some Boards.

And if you do, you now will have a not very efficient Paper Weight.

BTW2 - If the Mod you are doing Surgery on has a Built in Battery, then the Board can be "Hot" in places even if the Mod is Turned Off.

So Don't go poking around with a Metal Dental Pick lifting Wires or trying to get a Mod Button to clear a Button Actuator.

BTW3 - Don't ask me How I found this out in BTW2.
i really don't want to. but i noticed that i keep spilling juice when going out for vape. thinking it might be a good idea to clean it out before something shorts out.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
i really don't want to. but i noticed that i keep spilling juice when going out for vape. thinking it might be a good idea to clean it out before something shorts out.

I'm not sure what the chances of Shorting is?

But I Do Know that the Buttons can get all Gummed Up. And that could lead to the Fire Button Sticking.

In the Old Days of 510 Auto's, a Last Resort for Non-Working Mod would be to Flush the e-Cigarette with 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. And then letting it Dry for 3 or 4 Days. Not saying you Should or Shouldn't do this.

But you wouldn't need to Break Down the Entire Mod to do a Alcohol Flush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread