blackwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
NH
www.blackwatersound.com
Hi,

I have an 18650 that has been running my mods great. Yesterday I charged it and when it was done I popped in in my mod and it wouldn't fire. Tried it in another mod and same thing. Charger says it's charged but getting no power from it. Is it defective and time to dispose of it?

Thanks,

Chris

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
If it is IMR, then it is a good bet it is not protected. I would say either it is dead, or your charger is playing games with you. If you have charged other batteries after this and they work, then I would say its the battery. However if you start having the same problem with other batteries, than I would look at the charger.

blackwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
NH
www.blackwatersound.com
If it is IMR, then it is a good bet it is not protected. I would say either it is dead, or your charger is playing games with you. If you have charged other batteries after this and they work, then I would say its the battery. However if you start having the same problem with other batteries, than I would look at the charger.

Thanks Steve. My other batts are charging just fine. Must be the battery.
What should I look at for protected batts and where is a good place to purchase them.

Thanks,

Chris

blackwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
NH
www.blackwatersound.com
Great. Thanks!!
I'll just keep cruizing along with what I've got.

Provari recommends AW IMR button tops. Although any quality IMR button should work. I have seen RTD mentioned more than a few times for AW batteries. Protected batteries are not high drain, the Li Ion batteries aren't recommend for device like the Provari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread