Not open for further replies.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
Hoogie,
Maybe you can help, or direct me to someone who can.

Thanks in advance for reading this... hope you can help.

I received a defective VV box mod. (Ordered 4/14 [MV-4450572], Rec'd 4/19, discovered defective the same day - support ticket submitted - MLHG513S19, ticket "Resolved" 4/26)

It seems I have to pay to mail back the defective unit, and then wait until MV receives it before a replacement is sent. :confused: Is that standard practice? I know MV doesn't want to get screwed over, but my CC number is on file from the original purchase if, for some reason, it doesn't ever show up.

The reply to my support ticket (which took a full week) was:

Dear K.A. Moberly, Our staff has just replied to your ticket "Defect in new VV box mod"

You can view the ticket here: [removed link]

K.A You are more than welcome to send it back for replacement or store credit. Please send it to the address below with your ticket ID number and which method of exchange you would like to do.

madvapes LLC
18631 Northline Dr STE A
Cornelius, NC 28031

Thanks,
- Paul

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
step down regulators generate ALOT of heat. Find a scrap hunk of aluminum (from a busted device or old cpu cooling fan from a PC) and it will help. There are tons of tutorials around for adding a heatsink to that VV box.

Most likely with very little skill, you could repair that non-working VV box mod. On almost every box mod I have bought or made I have had issues with the positive battery connector making contact. I would start there...maybe the battery just isn't making good contact.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
Thanks Master. Good idea on adding a heatsink!

Kenji - My problem was with the 'fire' switch (I think). It would operate properly on the first hit or two, and then would stay in the 'on' position. I'd have to use the master 'on-off' switch to kill power to the unit. And if I turned it back on before the box had cooled down, it would just start firing the atty right away.

Anyway, I sent the box back on the 28th & received confirmation today (1 May) that it was received, and that a replacement was being sent out. I like the speedy turn-around!

Props to MadVapes on that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread