Dekang DEG Testing Pool: Looking for suppliers to share cost with

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I’d like to say: Kina, you are correct, the present design does force the liquid to pass through the gass phase.

And that, in particular I would guess, plus the heating, seems responsible for a ~45% of the nicotine, that would be ~0% with misting. So there is a real incentive to alternative designs.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
Ask bloody Dekang to pay !!
Bogetech, makers of DeKang, have on thier webpage that they do testing and have already submitted thier liquids for US FDA approval but they will not test for some reason...search www.bogetech.com for more answers...I had a page up a few months ago with actual results but I unbookmarked it a while back...wish i had it handy now tho ...not sure if done in lab or sent out tho, Im SURE that may make a difference as well ;)

Virtues

Jun 11, 2010
USA
How is 700$ so much money to any vendor? With all of the concern (and the fact that DEG is a poison) you would think everyone would be clamoring to test the products from this Chinese company. This was posted a year ago and no news on this?

I don't care if Dekang claims they did a test or says they don't put DEG in their products (China has lied about EVERYTHING).

Oh this just wreaks of bull crap. You want to refute the claims of the FDA yet no one is willing to pay 700$?! This ONE chemical is the root cause of all the hysteria and lack of sales yet no tests have been done outside of the FDA? HIGHLY suspect...

Last edited:

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Ok first of all... CALM DOWN!

Take a breathe....

Vape a little....

Ok now... If you go back and read the convo that was posted between Boge and the OP you will see the reference to the NJOY testing. Well, NJOY uses Dekang liquids in their carts so the testing done one NJOY carts is being done on Dekang liquid. Now if you think back, or if you were around back then search for the thread, the FDA did testing on some NJOY and SE carts. DEG was found in 1 cart in such a small trace amount that it could not be measured, just detected. If I recall correctly, and other old timers correct me if I am wrong here, but that was later attributed to cross contamination as those results from that test were thrown out completely. If you are worried about DEG in your juice and $700 seems a small price... go have the testing done. Personally, I use Dekang liquid, and I trust it. I believe they have done testing as they claim they have, and thats my prerogative. If it ends up being that there is trace amounts of DEG in the juice, well... Its still less toxic than smoking! So... Whatev... And if you are that worried... there are PLENTY of other vendors who sell American Made juice for reasonable prices. So... Chill out and quit freaking out because vendors who are barely making a living on doing this arnt fronting $700 to do testing that their supplier swears has already been done.
Peace & Happy Vaping :vapor:

Janetda

ECF Veteran
The DEG was found in one cartridge at aprox. 1%. It was widely speculated by the public that it could be cross contamination, but to my knowledge it was not thrown out. The FDA has not revised it's report.

IMO, testing really is necessary, but it's not a one time thing. The manufacturers should be numbering and testing each batch. If the manufacturers refuse to test, then it's going to fall to the vendors to test. If the vendors don't organize and start to assert some authority with the manufacturers and regulating themselves, it's going to ultimately cost them a whole lot of money and possibly their businesses. The days of wild-west vaping are coming to an end. The manufacturers and vendors need to put on their big girl panties and start acting like legitimate businesses.

This is only MY opinion and I know it sounds harsh, but it's just the way I see it.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
BTW, the DEG was found in one of the Smoking Everywhere cartridges. The TSNAs were found in some of the NJOY cartridges. NJOY paid an independent lab to test their products and the lab found that only one of the four TSNAs detected by FDA actually gets into the vapor. The lab noted that this particular TSNA has never been shown to cause cancer.

See: http://www.casaa.org/resources/lab.asp

Virtues

Jun 11, 2010
USA
...it's going to ultimately cost them a whole lot of money and possibly their businesses. The days of wild-west vaping are coming to an end. The manufacturers and vendors need to put on their big girl panties and start acting like legitimate businesses.
This 100 times over.

I refuse to believe that none of the vaporizing distributors have not become big enough to be testing these products. You want us to believe everyone is a little mom&pop shop that can't dish out 700$ every month (let alone ONCE) for SAFETY? Come on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread