Dec 29, 2009
TX

CalamityJan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
TX
Well, whomever is taking responsibilty........ thanks for making me feel like an outcast! ;) :lol: Got it now, but still doesn't make sense (simple me) to not be able to just agree or expound upon a positive rather that start a redundant thread. I'll work on being negative and see if I find any roadblocks.... j/k!

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
The reason is to prevent 'infighting' that had become an issue in the past with defending/bullying of fan bases, when basically it was only meant to be both a data base of personal experiences, and an open dialog between vendor and the affected customer.

Most times now, it's a place were customers can feel 'comfortable' stating their experience without the distraction or fear of others berating their personal experience. It has worked quite well this way since the change inception.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
not really - unless something changed in the last few weeks. a lot of the negative threads were not getting a reply at all - vendors realize if they wait a little the thread will drop off the front page.
with peer (ecf member) pressure gone very little gets accomplished .......
don't misunderstand me, the way it was before the situation was intolerable. people were intimidated in some cases and bashed by the fan-boy attitudes of some members.
maybe sarge has a brainstorm and comes up with a happy medium ;)

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
tibs - suppliers that fail to answer when appropriate risk losing their supplier status...

The fact is leaving these threads open for all to post in turns them into fanboi magnets. and we all know what happens when the fanboi brigades get involved. Trust me I got hammered by fanbois when I was a new member... and I have a LONG memory for that kind of shenanigans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread