Dental issues / brown teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbug

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Berkshire, UK
www.eciggypedia.com
I've had a look on the forums and can't see and prior discussions.

All the time I smoked, my teeth didn't change at all. But I'm noticing a brown staining on my teeth now after a couple of months on e-cigs. Nothing else has changed in my lifestyle, so not sure what else to put it down to.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
My teeth are actually getting whiter since i quit smoking, but I was a cigg for a friend the other day, and after just holding it for 5 mins I noticed my fingers had a slightly yellowish tint to them. I'm guessing that was either from nic or tar, so if it was from nic then maybe the nic is making your teeth brownish, but I doubt that for some reason. You should stop drinking coffee :p

Niluvani

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Parkersburg, WV
www.myspace.com
I know when I vape, my mouth is very dry. And I definitely accumulate more plaque because of it.

I could go a day without brushing my teeth before, and I would be fine.
But now, I have to brush my teeth twice a day (or at least once! haha), otherwise it drives me nuts with all the plaque

(Yeah yeah yeah, I know... SUPPOSED to brush 2-3 times a day. /rolleyes)

Maybe the brown spots have something to do with the dryness
I haven't noticed any discoloration in my teeth. But I use arm and hammer whitening booster everytime I brush, hehe! :wub:

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
It is possible. But I've drank tea my whole life. The combination of the two could be responsible.

I'll stop using supermarket brand toothpaste then :)

lol i'm the college student here whose meant to be using the cheap stuff, use Colgate tooth whitening tooth gel stuff its great, was keeping my teeth semi white while i was smoking.

ProtoType

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2009
New Jersey
Notice the hydroxyl groups in the chemical structure of propylene glycol? That is the OH groups attached to the carbon atoms. This constitutes that it is a SUGAR.

Sorry, but I've taken Organic chemistry, Biochemistry, etc. so that's how I know these things. Total science geek I know.

Propylene glycol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you don't believe me, google "glucose" and look at the structure and compare and contrast.

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
Notice the hydroxyl groups in the chemical structure of propylene glycol? That is the OH groups attached to the carbon atoms. This constitutes that it is a SUGAR.

Sorry, but I've taken Organic chemistry, Biochemistry, etc. so that's how I know these things. Total science geek I know.

Propylene glycol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you don't believe me, google "glucose" and look at the structure and compare and contrast.

neeeeeeeeeeeeerd lmao only messing, pg is used as a sweetener in many products so therefor it must contain sugar

Niluvani

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Parkersburg, WV
www.myspace.com
lol i'm the college student here whose meant to be using the cheap stuff, use Colgate tooth whitening tooth gel stuff its great, was keeping my teeth semi white while i was smoking.

Colgate and Crest both suck. Aquafresh, imo. It foams up around your teeth better - wish I woulda used it a long time ago :wub:

Oh yeah, and I use a battery operated (ooo it vibrates :wub:) brush!
It cleans so much better than a manual brush. Maybe that's why I can tolerate going a day without brushing my teeth :D

Last edited:

Niluvani

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Parkersburg, WV
www.myspace.com
To be honest with ya I like to change my tooth paste every couple of months, just so my teeth don't get immune to the stuff, wonder if thats even possible?? :confused:

It's possible with Shampoo. So who knows.
I change shampoo/conditioner every time it empties.
(I'm a girl, what? :wub:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread