determine voltage at a certain wattage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azphat12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Coolidge, Arizona, United States
Is there a formula or calculator to determine what voltage your device is using if you have a set ohm and set wattage?

Also, I have a Vamo. So I know I can do 1x 18350, 2x 18350, and 1x 18650
Being new to this....are there restrictions to wattage/ohms etc etc that I can use per setup?

I currently am using a 1.9 ohm Aga-t and have it set at 9watts. Using 1x AW IMR 18650
Just wondering where the limits are at with this device. When might I need to use 2x 18350?

Any links/responses would be great.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
To be honest....my Algebra is a bit weak, lol

I suspected as much, so didn't show how it was done and just gave the resultant formula. That and I like magic. Always wanted to be a magician, but never had the finger control to do the tricks I enjoyed. But I'm fairly good at math and it seems like magic to some folks.

Azphat12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Coolidge, Arizona, United States
Im ok with math....I just have not done Algebra in years. So formulas have been forgotten.

I on the other hand try to do magic..lol. I can do some sleight of hand...but still working on the nervous shakes when I perform for friends/family. It is pretty hard to stay calm when your nervous in front of people, lol

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Can you do the ball moving the cloth square around?

I watched Teller doing a ball and cup thing that just blew my mind while Penn was explaining how the ball and cup normally worked. Then I saw this guy doing a different take using the same technique and my mind was blown again. Impressive sleight of hand at the 2012 Beijing International - YouTube

I can barely do the simple stuff...

TrueNews

Dec 1, 2012
Perth, Australia
Also, I have a Vamo. So I know I can do 1x 18350, 2x 18350, and 1x 18650
Being new to this....are there restrictions to wattage/ohms etc etc that I can use per setup?

I currently am using a 1.9 ohm Aga-t and have it set at 9watts. Using 1x AW IMR 18650
Just wondering where the limits are at with this device. When might I need to use 2x 18350?

Any links/responses would be great.

Before you use the 18350 AW IMR's (stacked as a pair) I would do a quick resistance test, using the same atty, and compare the results from the 2 x 18350 configuration to that from the 18650.

I have just done an atty resistance check (using the same atty) on my Vamo and it varied between these two configurations.

1 x 18650 AW IMR gave a reading of 1.5 ohms
2 x 18350 AW IMR's (stacked pair) gave a reading of 1.7 ohms

0.2 ohms may not seem a huge difference, but if the Vamo has read a 1.5 ohm atty as 1.7 ohms incorrectly, then given a VW setting of 9 watts, it will set the voltage at 3.95 volts. - This setting on a 1.5 ohm atty, would actually be 10.4 watts.

I would suggest using a higher resistance atty when you use the 2 x 18350 configuration.

PS.
If you want a reasonable write up, specs, and pictorial instructions for the Vamo, have a look on Health Cabins web site under APV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread