DFW Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeCee

Nov 16, 2012
Columbus, OH
I have only been vaping for 2 months and still have so much to learn. I have been trying different e-juices from different companies. I was very excited to place an order with DFW Vapor. I ordered 2 different flavors and camped out by my mailbox. I was sooo dissapointed. The juices were flavorless. I thought it was just me, being a newbie, until I saw a post by another member who had the same thoughts. I have placed an order with VaporBomb and am headed back out to wait for the postman. Live and learn.:)

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
You need to let juice steep. If you have ever made home made soup it is always better the next day. Only with juice it may be longer. I put my DIY in warm to hot tap water and go by and shake it every so often then like the next day if I"m in a patient mood I use it. If you have a high VG count sometimes you need to order it double flavor. I do.

GeeCee

Nov 16, 2012
Columbus, OH
They were cappuchino and mocha and a 50/50 mix. Plenty of vapor but no flavor. I had a fellow vaporer try it and her thoughts were the same. I did let it steep overnight. I ordered from them because their website looked cool and their juice had lots of good reviews. Here locally Westside Vapors has great flavors but the shop I go to was out of anything I was interested in. Altsmoke just opened up here in Columbus and I was going to go next weekend until I remembered OSU plays Michigan and their shop is near campus, so bad idea.

Last edited:

GeeCee

Nov 16, 2012
Columbus, OH
I received my e-liquid from VaporBomb. What a difference! I let it steep overnight (it was very hard to wait) and the flavor was magnificient. For pumpkin lovers, the pumpkin spice was awesome. They even put in a sample of Passion Fruit. Nice touch because nothing is free these days. So I am a happy vaporer at the moment. Thanks for all the feedback.

GeeCee

Nov 16, 2012
Columbus, OH
Has anyone tried Desert Ship or 7 leaf from Vapor Bomb? I want them to be my go to place for e-juice because they're Ohio based. They're products arrived lightening fast and I love the free sample. I know taste is very subjective. The Desert Ship tasted like lemons. The 7 Leaf tasted like a cigar with black licorice. I let them steep for several days before I tried them. I won't be ordering those again. Loved the Pumpkin Spice, Blueberry and Cinnabomb. I am an ex Camel smoker and am looking for a good, strong tobacco flavored juice. I ordered the 555 from Altsmoke. Altsmoke has a shop here in Columbus and their RY4 is awesome. Any suggestions on a vendor or tobacco flavor?

bja0715

Oct 8, 2012
denton, tx
They are my local guys. They are also my go to guys. I have had a bad flavor though. Melon margarita. NO! But, they have some amazing flavors. Twinky was fantastic. Caramel macchiato, Werthers original (after a five minute hot water steep), sugar cookie, sweet tarts, Mt. Dew are all amazing. Slurm and Brawndo are great too. Rant over. Lol.

c00lkatz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Dallas, TX
I've tried a few of their juices and they aren't bad. One of my personal favorite places is Kalamazoo Vapor Shop in Kalamazoo Michigan. They have some pretty good stuff. Vaporescence isn't too bad either.

Now as for DFW Vapors themselves, I am not happy with what they sell. The people there are nice and helpful, good customer service, but they sell knock-off stuff. I've been ripped off 3 times on hardware with them now, and I will never buy anything but juice there. First was a knock-off Ego kit that they were marketing as genuine. The actual atomizers were real, but the batteries and charger were NOT genuine Joyetech, and they were advertising them as such. Then I bought a Lavatube clone from them which fell apart after 6 months of use, though I'm not too mad about that. It was my every day, take every where mod, and a lot of people were buying them from the same place. But the final straw was just this last weekend where I bought an "aClear Variable Clearomizer" which is a Vivi Nova clone. I paid $15 for it, more expensive than the genuine, and they want $5/ea for knock-off heads that are normally $3/ea for genuine. That's all fine and dandy IF the genuine heads actually worked in the aClear (and that were the only difference), but the genuine heads will not work in the knock-off base, the contacts are slightly different sizes so the heads don't make contact. So now if I want to use it I HAVE to buy their overpriced knock-offs if I want to change heads. Plus, I now have a genuine Mini Vivi Nova sitting next to it, and the air hole is MUCH larger on the genuine Nova, and has MUCH more vapor and looser draw, not nearly as stiff as the aClear. They look nearly identical except for the heads, which at that point I wouldn't mind the clone if the heads actually worked, the draw weren't so much stiffer, and the thing didn't wick like crap.

Taking a look at their other hardware they have, like the Stardust, carto tanks, and drip tips, it's all pretty low quality stuff compared to what I've ordered online or bought from Vaporescence.

All-in-all their juice is pretty good and with Vaporescence only selling 12mg now, they're great for low nic stuff, but with the amount of knock-off stuff that I have gotten there that costs just as much if not MORE than the genuine stuff, I will not buy anything but juice. Vaporescence is much better for hardware, and I just found a place in Vista Ridge Mall in Lewisville called Dragonfly which also sells genuine stuff.

Last edited:

rvh414

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
San Antonio
Everyone taste buds are different. Finding the right juice is like trying to find a needle in a haystack sometimes. Which means a variety of different of flavors will more than likely may have to be purchased. But once found will be well worth it. Don't get discouraged you will find the right one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread