Status
Not open for further replies.

plarkinjr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Texas
www.facebook.com
FWIW, the 1.5 and 2.0 dual coil cartos will not fire on my V4L manual PT, but the 3ohm single coil (and of course cool and wow carts) do just fine. The PT is plugged into the "old-style" V4L wall adaptor.

Will have to get some of the new 2.5 duals to see if they fire on my PT. Hopeful.

Last edited:

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Alb53, I am a little foggy on your original post...are you afraid it won't work or are you afraid it will ruin your battery?

As well I would find out from the maker of your PT if it is a regulated 3.6v device or not before making a Carto selection. A 3.0 Ohm carto on at 3.6v is really going to hamper flavor and vapor production.

Is your Diamond XL an auto or manual?

plarkinjr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Texas
www.facebook.com
the PT is not a V4L and I guess I'll get some 3.0 SC. glad I didn't fill the tank and try it but I'm sure I'll use these down the road
Thanks

I should also mention: I have a non-V4L PT that does fire the 1.5ohm carto, but it has a 5 second cutoff. Morandir tells me the reason it works is probably because it is lower voltage than the 5V of the V4L PT.

AlB53

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
Rome NY
Well I read that you shouldn't use a LR carto on a 808 batt for battery life. just wanted good vap and don't want to wast juice.
prob use the tank at home on the PT. PT is Regulated 3.6v usb PT. wall adapter, 1.5Ar(1500mAh) wanted the tank for when I'm reading the ecf forum all day, no toping off . Probably will go toa VV mod when I get back to work.
still a noob.
PT is more than 5 less than 10 sec. cut off.

Last edited:

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Plarkinjr sir it is because of the lower voltage.

ALB53 (sir or Ms.?) the cell inside the king diamond and stealth batts (vt or non-vt) are high drain. You can use lower ohm and dual coils on them. You will get shorter run time, but in the testing done so far no shorter run times (another thing was able to keep up on while down south). After 117 uses with a 1.5ohm dc carto, still getting the same actual run time out of batt 1, and batt 2 after 88 uses under the same conditions is performing just as it did on it's first charge as well. Hope this helps.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
No it won't ALB53 sir. The 1.5ohm dc will only run on the pt if there's enough current being provided by the wall or car adapter (never suggest using a pt on the computer, dc cartos especially), they will. But you need a wall adapter rated for 5v/3.33a at the very least to be guaranteed for it to work. The wall adapter V4L sells is rated for 5.1v/2.1a. There are some that will fire it, others that won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread