Did I order the wrong kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5boxersmom

Mar 17, 2011
Ohio
Hello everyone. Newbie here. Just starting out. Ordered my kit, got it last week. Finally ready to start. So after doing some reading I am wondering if I ordered something that is going to cost me more money then it has too.

I don't know if I can say the company name or not. I got the two piece e cig. Then I saw the three piece e cigs. Now the question. Can these be refilled with juice? Or do I have to keep ordering cartridges? I guess the atomizer and cartridge are one? I am just learning so bear with me please.

tia

pandatera

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
NY
You can post the name of the company where you purchase your e cig at. I'm not sure what e cig you purchased. When you said a 2 piece that shoud be cartomizer + battery. A cartomizer = atomizer + cartridge in one. I not sure what brand/model you purchased, but i think the carto would be able to be refill. Let us know which e cig you purchase, so we can help you further.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
You can generally refill anything. Some "name" brands may try to hide that fact by not selling blanks and juice, and may try to make things harder to fill but generally anything can be refilled. If it's a 3-piece ecig a cart can last a long time, you can restuff it, etc. if it's a 2-piece, cartomizers are great and more convenient but have limited reusability. if you keep a cartomizer damp with juice you should be able to reuse it for 4-7 days.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Thanks everyone. The brand name is elitensmoke.

I sure hope the cartridges can be refilled because they are expensive.

I would probably return that one, if it was possible.
Visit the supplier section of ECF for reputable vendors.
Liberty Flights is a popular place to buy starter kits.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
It's a 2-piece with cartomizers

If the cartomizers are female (recessed threads) then it is probably a KR808D-1 or more likely a KR808D-2 aka E9. If your cartomizers have mouth-end caps that are hard or glued on, it will be harder for you to add juice. If they have soft-caps it should be easy but you need to make absolutely sure it's not going to leak before putting it back on your battery because you have automatic batteries and auto batteries are dependent on a drag sensor in the threaded tip - get juice in that and you can kill your battery, and that is right where a carto would drip.

If the cartos have hard to remove end caps (a fave trick of "name" brands) then you may need to push the juice in with a carto condom (if your cartos are shipped in these flexible end covers) and you would need to be even more careful about drips.

If your cartos are 9mm diameter then they may either be KR808D-2 aka E9 (only available from other "name" brands like Green Smoke) or KR808D-1 (widely available blank cartos and prefilled ones at Vapor4Life and Bloog). leCig sells D2 battery to D1 carto adapters.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
It's one of those places that says one cartridge is equal to a pack of cigarettes. I don't know what type of pv it is, but before you invest more money in these, I'd see about buying something different for $30-$40 that can be refilled and has readily available components. Watch the Mistress Nomad videos stickied at the top of this sub-forum to get some basics.

5boxersmom

Mar 17, 2011
Ohio
So I was wondering if I could buy a couple of the less expensive batteries and cartomizers ad some juice from the many places you all have recommened and not have to buy a new charger?

My charger is a wall charger with usb plug in. I only have two batteries and I know I am going to need at least 3 or 4. I also realize that while this e cig is not bad I am going to need more flavor. So that is why I was looking into the juice.

I have already cut my regular cig smoking in half today.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
So I was wondering if I could buy a couple of the less expensive batteries and cartomizers ad some juice from the many places you all have recommened and not have to buy a new charger?

My charger is a wall charger with usb plug in. I only have two batteries and I know I am going to need at least 3 or 4. I also realize that while this e cig is not bad I am going to need more flavor. So that is why I was looking into the juice.

Wow, cutting your smoking by half is just great! Congrats to you!

It is cheaper usually to buy a kit, and the charger will come with it. You can get a nice kit for $30-$40. If you tell us what you smoke & how much we could make some suitable suggestions.

Some of the pvs, like a Riva, are slightly larger than a cigarette, but you only need two batteries (comes with the kit) because each lasts 6-8 hours between charges.

Erfmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
Not knowing what thread connection that you have, I would recommend a starter kit from somewhere like vapor4life that comes with a charger. If it turns out that your current kit is compatable with it, then even better. Having 2 chargers is not a bad idea anyway. Pre filled cartos are a more expensive way to go than refilling them. The vapor4life cartos have a nice soft end cap that is removed easily for refills.
I only mention vapor4life because I have purchased from them. There are several other good starter kits out there...right gang?

ckgjt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Ga

That is awesome you have cut your smoking in half already! Everybody on this forum is great with helping you get started and pointing people in the right direction.

5boxersmom

Mar 17, 2011
Ohio
That is awesome you have cut your smoking in half already! Everybody on this forum is great with helping you get started and pointing people in the right direction.

Thanks, but some of it is because I have been sick. Double ear infection and sinus infection. I have had a hard winter with the sinuse's and I knew the smoking wasn't helping at all. I am so glad to have my e cigs for this. LOL

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
because Elitensmoke is new, I don't think anyone knows what model it is

If your cartomizers are 9mm diameter the it's probably KR808D-1 or KR808D-2 (each have different threads)

Here's the cheapest way to figure out if you have KR808D-1 - buy a pack of these prefilled $7.50 prefilled cartos, the shipping is free. Do not try to force them on - if they screw in easily and work, the you have KR808D-1
KR808D-1 : BlueGrassVapor, Buy the Joye510, KR808D-1, e-cigarette accessories, supplies, and much more!

If those don't work then you probably have KR808D-2. To be sure, try these cartomizers
The Better Way To Smoke - Search Results

If you have KR808D-2 then that's the rebrander model. You can buy a whole kit for $37 at the second link above or a battery at the companies listed under the kit (except Bloog which now uses KR808D-1). And you can buy a D2 to D1 adapter at leCig to use KR808D-1 cartomizers like Vapor4Life

if you have KR808D-1 then you can buy single batteries cheaply at LiteCigUSA.net or VaporLeaf.com, or in colors at Vapor4Life.com and use all of the KR808D-1 cartomizers (no adapter needed). KR808D-1 is the more supported model that there are blank cartomizers sold for.

Last edited:
I made the same mistake when I first started e-ciggs. I bought a SS Choice No.7 micro. Not interchangeable with anything that I could find. It came with 5 pre-filled cartridges. I also bought 10 blank carts and a 30ml bottle of juice. that turns out to double the price of most juices out there.

The No7. isn't a bad e-cigg but the options are limited. After aboout two weeks I bought the eGo Tank system and am much happier with ease of use and the fact i am not limited on availability of supplies.

Keep reading on ECF...i learn something new all the time...

Sam

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
dormouse has some great suggestions for you. :)

because Elitensmoke is new, I don't think anyone knows what model it is

If your cartomizers are 9mm diameter the it's probably KR808D-1 or KR808D-2 (each have different threads)

Here's the cheapest way to figure out if you have KR808D-1 - buy a pack of these prefilled $7.50 prefilled cartos, the shipping is free. Do not try to force them on - if they screw in easily and work, the you have KR808D-1
KR808D-1 : BlueGrassVapor, Buy the Joye510, KR808D-1, e-cigarette accessories, supplies, and much more!

If those don't work then you probably have KR808D-2. To be sure, try these cartomizers
The Better Way To Smoke - Search Results

If you have KR808D-2 then that's the rebrander model. You can buy a whole kit for $37 at the second link above or a battery at the companies listed under the kit (except Bloog which now uses KR808D-1). And you can buy a D2 to D1 adapter at leCig to use KR808D-1 cartomizers like Vapor4Life

if you have KR808D-1 then you can buy single batteries cheaply at LiteCigUSA.net or VaporLeaf.com, or in colors at Vapor4Life.com and use all of the KR808D-1 cartomizers (no adapter needed). KR808D-1 is the more supported model that there are blank cartomizers sold for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread