DID MMVapors pin issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellz

Jan 25, 2016
Italy
Hello, I've bought this atomizer long time ago, 3 years exactly, and i always (almost) used it on my provari. Now i'm trying to use it with my gus kiss telescopic mod and my quadra box but i just can't make it work. I think the pin is too short? I can't get the contact, both the box and the gus mod won't fire any power but with the provari is still working great.

I've tried to unscrew the pin and take it out a little but when i screw the DID in the mod it will adjust and turn back so that won't solve the issue. Do you have any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
As I said I've just bought the Kiss from Gus, it's a great mech and it works with all my atties but the DID doesn't, that's why I'm looking for help.

Okay, I'm not familiar with that particular mech, and it may not be able to make contact with the positive post on the DID. Is it's positive contact pin adjustable? If not one approach might be to put a small washer on the bottom of the center post of the DID where it goes into the bottom of the atty. Finding one that fits would be the trick, and it would have to be the right thickness too, and then you have to be sure that it doesn't interfere with your build on top.

Reactions: Rebellz

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Well if the center pin on your DID is damaged you can get a new one from MMV quite easily. I have several spares both in stainless and brass. I've come to favor the brass center post because I found it to have a bit better conductivity.

Brass Contacts for Standard DID • MMVapors

BTW, that's a nice looking mech.

Reactions: Rebellz

Rebellz

Jan 25, 2016
Italy
Thanks! Yes it's very cool and very well made, take a look at Gus mods if you're into mech he really make beautiful mods. Btw i think it's the 510 connection, it doesn't screw all the way in even if i remove completely the pin from the mech. It's a shame I think I damaged it when i've used the DID with a stupid mech that had a bad 510 threading. I guess i'll buy the spare part someday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread