Did you keep anything as a reminder to never go back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
I was a duel user for most of the time until October of last year when I decided I was fed up smelling like stale cigarette smoke. I kept an un opened pack of Camel Blues in my glove box for about six weeks and then one day decided that I no longer needed them around because vaping was really getting better for me due to better upgrading. So I gave the pack of Camels to a bum in need of some smokes.
I still get Camel coupons in the mail every month and even emails so there is that reminder. Not quite sure why I still let them do that.
Also I work at a gas station and I sell dozens of packs o cigarettes and cans of chew every day at work so there's that also. I see the same people every day and think to myself, damn, that was me spending over $6 a day for smokes and around $4 every two weeks for snus.
I sure am happy that I'm spending at least that much on new shiny vaping stuff now.:)

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
I've got one unopened pack of menthol cigs right here in a drawer next to my desk. I'm not at all paranoid that I might need them again some day. I might have said that it's more like I'm proving my own strength to myself over time, except that I love vaping so much that having cigarettes in close proximity are really not even a little bit tempting to me.

If I ran out of something that I need in order to keep vaping, then I'd sooner light my hair on fire and smoke that than inhale another industrial stink rocket.

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
I haven't kept anything, instead I've purchased over a dozen mechanical mods, four VV/VW PV's, and a few ego's!
Oh, if only I could build a time machine to go back and un-buy even just a few dozen cartons of industrial stink rockets and use that money instead to buy all the vaping gear I've been drooling over for the past few months.

:drool:

ouzel

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2014
Texas
still have 2 unopened bags of tobacco 4 cartons of tubes my stuffer and a corncob just sittin on the shelf

ooh keep the corncob. i don't even know what a corncob is but it sounds awesome. :D
maybe one day when smoking is obsolete you can show it to your grandkids and say "can you believe people used to inhale tar and carcinogens"?
then you can donate it to a museum :)

ouzel

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2014
Texas
YES!!

I have an ashtray on my desk that holds the remains of the last two cigarettes I smoked.

I think I should probably toss it out or wash it, it's getting a little dusty. :p

and smelly too i would think. but i would keep at least one of the butts (or both). maybe in a little enclosed plastic cube (like the ones that hold paperclips) as a reminder how horrible they were.

Deeo

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I use to like seeing the ashtray full as it disgusts me to look at. (It was my reminder) However my husband has now switched to vaping and the ashtray is now gone. We do have 2 full packs and one open pack that was my husbands which has 3 .5 cigs in it. I have no idea how he was able to leave .5 of a cig in there but he did. I have a friend who from time to time bums smokes off me. So in time they will be gone but i will hang onto my husbands pack of 3.5 cigs in it.

I should add that my friend is trying to slow down on the smoking and we have given her an ecig last night to try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread