Difference between cartomizer and atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicenurse

Dec 29, 2011
Jonesborough, TN
So this is a silly newbie question...what is the difference between an atomizer and a cartomizer? Is it that the cartomizer you have to continually put drops in? I currently have egoT and love the tank...hate the atomizer..I keep having problems with them..want more vape now and am trying to learn all this stuff so I can buy the next best thing. It's been great..but I want more!

bigtiime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Virginia
Welcome to ECF nicenurse! A cartomizer is the atomizer and cartridge in one unit. Your 'T" is an atomizer and tank. Yes, a carto has to be topped up every so often depending on how much you vape. Your next upgrade would in fact be to a cartomizer or carto/tank (carto inside of a juice tank). My advice would be the carto. A good one to try would be the Boge 2.0 ohm. Carto/tanks might be a possibility for you down the road.

yo vapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
Texas
Not sure about the dual coil cartos on an eGo battery. But I'm no expert. Someone'll likely chime in who knows better than I. Here's what I upgraded to -- a tank with Boge 2 ohm LR cartos. I like it way better than the eGo-T atty/tank system, if only from the taste standpoint alone.

EDIT: I asked them and they recommended either the Boge 2.0 ohm or the Smoketech 1.7 ohm to go with the eGo battery. I just went with the Boge 2 ohm; I believe they're cheaper.

Last edited:

rwguessjr

May 24, 2011
baton rouge
basically a atomiser has no reserve for juice you just drop it in as needed a cartomiser has a reserve for juice usually a polyfill with the coils wrapped around the fill. i dont really like the cartomisers if i was forced to choose i would use a atomiser and drip it or get some kind of tank to use with it... but my real preference is the clearomzer with the little white strings on them in a tank. i have found that i like that the best for flavor and vapor and extended use. but there are many kinds of different quality.
you definately get what you pay for so if you buy some cheapies then expect to either fiddle with them or they just dont performe well and break... there are some quality vendors on this site but i dont know if im allowed to post the name in forums...

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
basically a atomiser has no reserve for juice you just drop it in as needed a cartomiser has a reserve for juice usually a polyfill with the coils wrapped around the fill. i dont really like the cartomisers if i was forced to choose i would use a atomiser and drip it or get some kind of tank to use with it... but my real preference is the clearomzer with the little white strings on them in a tank. i have found that i like that the best for flavor and vapor and extended use. but there are many kinds of different quality.
you definately get what you pay for so if you buy some cheapies then expect to either fiddle with them or they just dont performe well and break... there are some quality vendors on this site but i dont know if im allowed to post the name in forums...
Clearomizers are CE2 cartomizers in plastic instead of stainless steel. I use the stainless steel because they don't break or leak. Unlike most other cartomizers they don't have any polyfill to hold the juice. The also have a horizontal coil in a ceramic cup. The white strings are high temperature refractory wicks.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I like clearomizers also and you can see when your juice is getting low, you can also take them apart and clean and dry burn the coils and they are like new again. You sure can't do that with regular cartomizers. I also use the carto tanks and they do indeed make your cartos last a lot longer and of course you don't need to fill the tank very often. I do like the 2 to 3 ohm single coil carto/tank the best because you battery last longer between charges.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Cartomizers are disposable items and you may get 7-10 days use out of one. Then you start a fresh one and it's like your ecig is brand new. I do recommend you try some and learn to use them because they are a great backup if you have atomizer problems and they are good for clingy flavors you don't want in your atomizers.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
Thanks! I was just looking at the 510 Smoketech dual coil tank combo to use with my ego battery..it is only $17..would this be a good choice for me to try?

...a carto-tank would be a GREAT CHOICE...however, I would highly recommend you look at these as a better alternative than the SmokTech tanks... XL LR Chibi Tank Mod (XL smoktech1.7ohm) ...the 1.7ohm single coil carto is a better carto to use with the eGo(IMO)...dual coils should really be used with higher voltage devices to really shine(IMO)..............
madjack:2cool:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
cartomizer - filler and atomizer combination. Generally take 1ml or more of juice depending on the size you buy. Fill and vape awhile. These make your ecig a 2 piece setup.

atomizer - heating element. Some people like to use a drip tip with these and drip juice directly into them. These are handy to have around to test out new flavors of juices because unlike the cartomizer, the atomizer is easier to clean. They usually come with cartridges with filler in them and make your ecig a 3 piece setup.

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
i love my smoketech dual coils. ive been preachin all night about them actually ahahhaha
Thanks! I was just looking at the 510 Smoketech dual coil tank combo to use with my ego battery..it is only $17..would this be a good choice for me to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread