Difference Between Kayfun/Russian and Clearomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will definitely go through juice a little faster. It was an instant 1ml per day increase for me.

Nice part about the kayfun is you can expand the size. They have tank sizes all the way up to 10ml if you want.

15 ml .. if i recall correctl.. vapingreek showcased one on his channel ;)

PGR-Scooter

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Orange, CA
"Basic difference between any clearomizer and a rebuildable is the size (surface area) of the wick medium. You'll get much more vapor and flavor via more e-liquid to the coil with a rebuildable than you will with tiny silica string wicks in a clearomizer. You'll also go through juice much faster and use slightly more battery life. The advice to reduce your nic level is wise.

You Tube will be your best bet to see the performance differences."
I totally agree with everything BAD said. I would just add that while I love my Kayfuns I prefer my Taifun GTs.
It takes a bit more practice to get the wick right but there is a wealth of information on this site to help and I feel that I get better flavor with the GT plus it can be re-built without dropping all the juice.

seahawkin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Rochelle, VA
Didn't really 'get' the RBAs till the Kayfun. Seemed to be fragile and a great deal of work, juice wasn't worth the squeeze. The Kayfun is an easy build and portable but what is really freeing is not being beholden to but the right head for the right tank. Must need to get 4 different ones now? What a pain.

Now I just gotta get wire and silica. Good deal.

lee1024

Nov 9, 2013
Toronto
I like to tinker with things so I think the combination of a better vape and the challenge of experimenting with coil building is right up my alley - just wish I didn't order another aspire yesterday!! Not a big deal it will be convenient to have some clearo's around for trying new juices easliy and sharing with friends!!

So now the hard part.........any clear differences between the Kayfun and Russian? Any other products worth considering? I'll dig through YouTube but I really value the opinions I get from you vaping vets!!

There is the Kayfun 3.1 which I believe is the original, the Kayfun Lite of which there are two versions and the Russian. The 3.1 and the Russian both have adjustable air controls, the lite may or may not depending upon where you get it (original vs clone etc).

Other than the adjustable air control - they all behave pretty much the same and it is personal preference which you get. I find the Russian whistles a bit which the original 3.1 doesn't

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Crap! Who would want a tank that big on top of anything? :ohmy:

My wife.

All she ever vapes is pure menthol. Nothing else. EVER.

She goes through abut 3ml per day of juice. She would love a tank that she only had to fill once every 5 days. It would go well with the batteries she only charges once every 3 days. Talk about a no-fuss system.

I just can't convince her to spend the money on a Kayfun for herself. She likes her little iClear 30S and hates change.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
There is the Kayfun 3.1 which I believe is the original, the Kayfun Lite of which there are two versions and the Russian. The 3.1 and the Russian both have adjustable air controls, the lite may or may not depending upon where you get it (original vs clone etc)

Don't forget the Kayfun Nano.

kayfun11.jpg

There is also the 3.1 and 3.1ES, as well as the Lite and the Lite Plus.

30+Years

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
IN
My wife.

All she ever vapes is pure menthol. Nothing else. EVER.

She goes through abut 3ml per day of juice. She would love a tank that she only had to fill once every 5 days. It would go well with the batteries she only charges once every 3 days. Talk about a no-fuss system.

I just can't convince her to spend the money on a Kayfun for herself. She likes her little iClear 30S and hates change.

I get the added convenience of not having to refill as often but man it's heavy enough @ 4.5mil without the juice in it. Talk about top heavy. lol

Yeah, my wife don't like change neither.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I get the added convenience of not having to refill as often but man it's heavy enough @ 4.5mil without the juice in it. Talk about top heavy. lol

She really liked her iTaste SVD until I got her a 69 mod with a Kick. She would rather carry a big heavy monster sized device than have to fiddle with it 2 or 3 times a day to keep it full and charged.

Gonzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Marietta, GA, USA
Any opinions on the Squape? Looks cool but very expensive!

I got a clone, and it was great while it worked. I'm waiting for a replacement base for it. The vape is a little cooler than the Kayfuns, and the Kayfuns produce better flavor. Of course, my opinion, and it is almost 23mm in diameter, if that matters to you, so won't sit flush on a 22mm mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread