Difference between macro and parallel builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
My first build was a 24 gauge Kanthal, 3 mm ID, 7 wrap @ .4 ohms. I'm wanting to try a parallel build at around .2 ohms-basically I'm looking for more clouds. If I'm using the 24 gauge Kanthal, how many wraps should I make a parallel build? I'm planning on staying with 3mm ID, but I can change this if I need to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Steam Engine is your friend. Is this close enough?
parallel build.JPG

Reactions: dyanaprajna

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Maybe maybe not.... twisting will increase ohm rate and capacity but probably lower heat flux..... same I'd and wrap count a higher ohm coil that need more power to achieve heat of lower ohm coil.

Depends on the goal.

Personally I prefer twisted to parallel, Flavor wise and para for clouds.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dyanaprajna

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
I was playing around with steam engine, and noticed that, keeping the same wire and gauge, and same target resistance, if I lowered the ID, it would require more wraps, without changing the heat capacity. So, would simply going from a 3 mm ID to, say, a 1.5 mm ID give more surface area, hence, bigger clouds? Or would it stay about the same? And how would this effect flavor?

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I was playing around with steam engine, and noticed that, keeping the same wire and gauge, and same target resistance, if I lowered the ID, it would require more wraps, without changing the heat capacity. So, would simply going from a 3 mm ID to, say, a 1.5 mm ID give more surface area, hence, bigger clouds? Or would it stay about the same? And how would this effect flavor?
Going from 3mm id to 1.5mm id will give you less surface area not more.

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
I kind of thought that might be the case. I did a 6 wrap at 3 mm and .3 ohm, and it said the same resistance at 1.5 mm would be 8 wrap (or something similar, I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head). So I thought that might give more surface area, but with a smaller ID, I guess it does give less surface area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread