Provari Mini Stealth Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

stimpy

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
AZ
I ordered a Stealth mini from Vapor Force and my buddy bought a black satin Provari mini from a local shop.

If you take away the painted end cap, non lighting button, the blackened screen, the two black screws that hold in the screen there is absolutely no difference in the color. If you laid them next to each other you would not be able to tell which is which.

Vapor Force advertises their mini as a 'Unique triple-coated ceramic matte black finish' but this clearly has a satin sheen to it and matches the satin black Provari that ProVape sells *exactly*.

Am I wrong to think the finish on the Vapor Force mini should be different?

Last edited:

stimpy

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
AZ
You are as far as color and finish sheen between the two being different IMO.

I'm what, wrong? I assure you, lay them side by side and you can tell absolutely zero difference in the color and/or finish. Am I saying the Stealth isn't triple coated? Absolutely not. But it's not something you can see.

Being a different color or sheen is not what the intended purpose of the Steath line is about.

I don't know if I can agree with you. Per the description of the item
This exclusive VaporForce ProVari Edition features:
• Unique triple-coated ceramic matte black finish
• Black ceramic triple-coated end caps
• Custom darkened window deepens a blue LED display by 50%
• Custom black firing button will not emit light
• Selectable voltage from 2.9 to 6.0 volts

http://vaporforce.pinnaclecart.com/standard-systems/provari-stealth-mini-version-2.5/

The very first item description is selling the idea of a matte black finish when it's absolutely not. It's a satin black finish that is identical to the one that ProVape sells.

But per a direct personal quote from the man via phone the Stealth's are triple coated and the satin black's are not.
I'll accept this but it's not really where my complaint lies. I expected a matte black finish as what they are promoting on their website but got satin black.

Last edited:

BadTrainDriver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
Dublin, Ohio
stimpy,

I have a mini stealth, and I had to actually look up the definition of satin and matte to give you my opinion.
With that said, I fully believe my stealth to be matte. There is no shine to it. Satin supposedly has a touch of shine to it.
I have not compared the "shine or no shine" of my stealth to a standard satin black Provari...so there I can't help, sorry.
I think the problem may lie in what is everyone's definition of matte and satin.

I will say this(I understand you're not disputing it), I believe the stealth finish to be very tough. I have had mine for a little over six months now, I use it everyday, I work on the railroad, and it's been dropped on more than one occasion. Unless you were to examine it under a microscope, you'd think it was brand new.

I paid extra for the stealth because I wanted it to be all black. Top cap, both end caps, the screen, the button, the screws...everything. Plus, I wanted the most durable finish I could get(in black)...and I think I have it too. To me, that was worth the few extra dollars.

I'm sorry you're disappointed in the finish. Have you contacted Tim @ Vapor Force? I talked to him personally to order my stealth, and he seems like a very stand up guy.

Sorry I couldn't be much help...but I did want to give my two cents worth.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I'm what, wrong? I assure you, lay them side by side and you can tell absolutely zero difference in the color and/or finish.

"You are as far as color and finish sheen between the two being different IMO"

You misread what I posted... that was agreeing with you that they are not different color/sheen wise.

I don't know if I can agree with you. Per the description of the item
This exclusive VaporForce ProVari Edition features:
• Unique triple-coated ceramic matte black finish
• Black ceramic triple-coated end caps
• Custom darkened window deepens a blue LED display by 50%
• Custom black firing button will not emit light
• Selectable voltage from 2.9 to 6.0 volts

http://vaporforce.pinnaclecart.com/standard-systems/provari-stealth-mini-version-2.5/

The very first item description is selling the idea of a matte black finish when it's absolutely not. It's a satin black finish that is identical to the one that ProVape sells.

Two different people wrote those discriptions... one calls it matte, one satin.

I'll accept this but it's not really where my complaint lies. I expected a matte black finish as what they are promoting on their website but got satin black.

Your perception of what is matte and what is satin.

So who's right, the ProVaper who wrote theirs, Dr. T who wrote his, you, me? Maybe color/sheen is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

stimpy

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
AZ
stimpy,

I have a mini stealth, and I had to actually look up the definition of satin and matte to give you my opinion.
With that said, I fully believe my stealth to be matte. There is no shine to it. Satin supposedly has a touch of shine to it.
I have not compared the "shine or no shine" of my stealth to a standard satin black Provari...so there I can't help, sorry.
I think the problem may lie in what is everyone's definition of matte and satin.

I will say this(I understand you're not disputing it), I believe the stealth finish to be very tough. I have had mine for a little over six months now, I use it everyday, I work on the railroad, and it's been dropped on more than one occasion. Unless you were to examine it under a microscope, you'd think it was brand new.

I paid extra for the stealth because I wanted it to be all black. Top cap, both end caps, the screen, the button, the screws...everything. Plus, I wanted the most durable finish I could get(in black)...and I think I have it too. To me, that was worth the few extra dollars.

I'm sorry you're disappointed in the finish. Have you contacted Tim @ Vapor Force? I talked to him personally to order my stealth, and he seems like a very stand up guy.

Sorry I couldn't be much help...but I did want to give my two cents worth.

Appreciate the response! I wouldn't say I'm disappointed as I frickin' love the Provari! The Provari & KFL+ is leaps and bounds above my old eGo Twist + Protank2 it's not even funny. The only slight disappointment I have is that the 'matte' stealth is identical color to the 'satin black' from ProVape.

Am I disappointed enough to go send emails to VaporForce? Not really. But it's certainly clear to me that either ProVape or Vapor Force should change their wording to match what the color is because when ProVape says satin and Vapor Force says matte and they are both 100% identical - someone is wrong :)

Nice setup by the way! Mine looks identical except that I'm using the Vicious Ant Chaplin drip tip. Looks stellar!

stimpy

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
AZ
So who's right, the ProVaper who wrote theirs, Dr. T who wrote his, you, me? Maybe color/sheen is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Funny! However this situation isn't an opinion based post. The fact is the Vapor Force 'matte black' and the ProVape 'satin black' are 100% identical. These guys should look at the paint can and whomever is wrong should change their website to accurately represent their product.

As it stands the two companies are promoting two different colors when in fact they are 100% the same.

I know plenty of folks are probably saying 'stimpy, you're being ridiculous' and you're probably right but I spent 100 dollars more on the Stealth because it was supposed to be a different color than your typical black Provari from ProVape. That's what sold me on it - not the extra triple coat, black screen, or end cap.

stimpy

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
AZ
I'd love to get the stealth mini! Like others, I'd want it for that all-black look. Plus: it's a mini! I kind of want to trade all my standards for minis someday. Hmmmmn...

Definitely! When it came down to it, there's not much reason to buy a standard. The mini can run the 350, 490, and 650 batteries with the appropriate extension caps where as the standard can't get smaller.

Mighty impressed with the mini thus far!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Funny! However this situation isn't an opinion based post. The fact is the Vapor Force 'matte black' and the ProVape 'satin black' are 100% identical. These guys should look at the paint can and whomever is wrong should change their website to accurately represent their product.

As it stands the two companies are promoting two different colors when in fact they are 100% the same.

I know plenty of folks are probably saying 'stimpy, you're being ridiculous' and you're probably right but I spent 100 dollars more on the Stealth because it was supposed to be a different color than your typical black Provari from ProVape. That's what sold me on it - not the extra triple coat, black screen, or end cap.

The intended purpose for the Stealth line from the start was to raise funds to help first response folks that need the help, and to serve as tribute ProVari models to them.

If you feel you were "cheated" by the finish on your Stealth, I'd suggest you contact Dr. T at VF.

stimpy

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
AZ
The intended purpose for the Stealth line from the start was to raise funds to help first response folks that need the help, and to serve as tribute ProVari models to them.

If you feel you were "cheated" by the finish on your Stealth, I'd suggest you contact Dr. T at VF.

I understand the intended purpose and you can spin it however you'd like. The fact remains the same that satin is not matte and matte is not satin. That is the *ONLY* point I'm talking about and I never felt 'cheated' in any way. Stop trying to put words in my mouth and make me feel guilty & wrong.

Appreciate everyone's response. I may or may not approach Dr. T just to get clarification but I am in no way upset, just curious/confused.

I appreciate your response

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
Just my :2c:. I have both the stealth mini and the satin black mini. I have them sitting side by side in the direct sunlight and the finishes are different. They are both about 6 months old and I use them both everyday. The finish on the Satin Black mini is beginning to show wear, around the teardrops where I hold it. The Stealth mini looks brand new. In the direct light the Stealth is a darker black and doesn't have as much sheen to it, so I do believe it is a triple coated device.

I love them both--

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I understand the intended purpose and you can spin it however you'd like. ... I appreciate your response

Not putting a spin on anything, just calling it as I see it, same as you.

Just my :2c:. I have both the stealth mini and the satin black mini. I have them sitting side by side in the direct sunlight and the finishes are different. They are both about 6 months old and I use them both everyday. The finish on the Satin Black mini is beginning to show wear, around the teardrops where I hold it. The Stealth mini looks brand new. In the direct light the Stealth is a darker black and doesn't have as much sheen to it, so I do believe it is a triple coated device.

I love them both--

Thanks for your observation.

stimpy

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
AZ

I love them both--

Thanks for your observation. Next time I see my buddy who has the Provari in black satin I'll compare them in direct sunlight as I didn't notice that. If that's the case then I will report my findings and consider this closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread