Different materials for mech mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznzing03

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2013
Minneapolis
So I don't know anything about metals or building with them except what I've found on Wikipedia(reliable I know), I was searching for high conductive metals and silver plated contacts work well. Yet Carbon is above Silver as far as conductivity. So...wouldn't it make sense to have a mod made entirely of Carbon steel? I don't know how expensive it is or if it can handle battery heat or if it's too soft of a metal to put threads in but I was just wondering. :D

Happy vaping!

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Beryllium copper (or cold-worked Cu-Ni-Sn bronze as a substitute) came to mind a good long time ago - at least for the tube. and perhaps portions of the caps... depending on your level of nervousness regarding heating and fumes.

I researched it fairly extensively for a member who... well, that's a story for another time. :glare:

It would be attractive, with good conductivity and hell for strong... but actually overkill.

Thing is, there are already SS, carbon fiber, Ti, aluminum, silver, copper, brass - probably bronze and I'd imagine even gold mechs... so, not a whole lot left to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread