different taste with pass-thru vs reg battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a new one to me and I haven't seen anything written about it yet.

I've been using a pass-thru primarily plugged in to an APC charger. My computer doesn't have enough power to charge the pass-thru. I just got a new battery from PS and have started using that for when I'm at work or out and about.

There is a distinct difference in the taste of my e-cig depending on which power source I'm using. When using the battery there is a much cleaner and fresher taste to my e-cig. I thought maybe there was some gunk that had dripped down into the pass-thru but I store it upside down like my atomizers evey night.

Maybe the difference in power heats the atomizer at different temps so with the more powerful pass-thru the liquid is burning more? I'm just seeing if anyone else has run into this situation......

MrsJaaxx

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Atlanta, GA
www.juicyliquid.com
My situation is identical to yours. Computer not powerful enough to do the job, so I plug the passthru into the wall. At first I was super excited but then I realized that it had an almost burnt taste when using the passthru. I suspect that it is because it runs hotter through the "wall outlet" than it does with the e-cig battery. I don't like it. So now I rarely use it, instead just keeping lots of charged batteries handy.

Magnus

Feb 27, 2009
France
I have exactly the same issue.

E-cig bats push out anywhere between 3 to 4 volts depending on their state of charge whereas your battery pack probably makes more like five for most of its charge.

The volts are like the flow or pushing power of the battery, so I think this is overheating the ats and causing the burning taste.

I have found that with quick puffs the burning taste hardly happens, you just have to avoid the big, long, slow puffs which we all use to get good vapour off the normal battery...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread