Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
100mg/ml is 10% nicotine. While precautions should be taken, it is not caustic or anything. I do wear eye protection (glasses) but I do not wear gloves or apron. If I spill some on me I just go wash it off. You don't want to leave it on there and give it time to soak in and certain individuals may have a supper sensitivity so it may bother them a little but other than that you should be fine. I have spilled 100mg all over myself on more than one occasion, I just washed it off and had no ill effects. Do not get it on your hands and then rub your eye because that stings and definitely don't do it a second time just a week later because then you will have a burny eyeball and be really ...... at yourself.

I think you will find the 10% nic. (100mg/ml) to be the easiest to work with and as long as basic safety is followed, it is not any kind of terrible hazard.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
As for 48 mg/ml nicotine the main reason that is a common dilution for sale instead of 50 mg/ml has to do with shipping restrictions in many locations.

Nicotine above 48 mg/ml is considered to be hazmat material in many locations and can only be shipped by ground while 48 and below can be shipped air or mail.

Ethan diy

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2017
Wow great knowledge thx....i live outside of the us and had to have someone send it to me after removing the label.... the vendor from the us didnt want to send above 48.
So i got the100 mg/ml.... its great cause the shipment woukd have cost more i think and also the 100mg/ ml is cheaper cause vg and pg i can get here

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    @Ethan diy, the thing is, it’ll be easier to store if you leave the bulk of it at 100 mg/ml, and just dilute maybe a quarter of it down at a time using the 50/50 method you mentioned. That’s what I do, anyway. I pour 60 ml of 100 ml/mg into my trusty mixing bottle (catsup bottle from Walmart) then add 60 ml of pg (or vg) and I have 120 ml of the 50 mg/ml nic juice to make a bunch of ejuice without having to mess with the 100 mg/ml stuff for quite awhile.
    I do similar except I only get out 10 ml of 100 mg nic from the freezer and dilute to 20 ml of 50 mg for my working bottle, which isn't kept cold and is still fine for the 2 months or so that lasts. Yeah I don't use a lot. I don't use gloves with the 50 mg or any more care than I would with a concentrated flavoring (which could be an awful thing to spill for different reasons). The freezer bottle I'm working on is 3 year old WL that's had lots of air in it and is just starting to get the slightest yellow tint. Always be sure to let the freezer stash warm up enough it can be remixed before dispensing.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread