diluting nic down to 6mg

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddarlington24

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
usa
ok so i recently changed my nic intake from 12mg down to 6mg and i have noticed that i seem to really be vaping a quite abit more.

So i am trying to figure out a cost saving method for my ejuice one of the ways I've heard about on here is to buy a higher nic and then reduce the nic by mixing pg\vg. This seems very do-able not much to figure out just the ratio i'm looking for.

So i guess my question is, is it really that simple for instance if i buy say 18mg and i want to take it down to say 6mg. I usually vape 50/50 blends i have heard that with this method you can mute the flavors in the juice by doing this i guess i could add a few flavor shots and then try it this way..

Not sure what I'll really need apart from PG, VG Don't think i will need nicotine base since i not creating the juice from scratch so to speak.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
You won't need much, apart from PG and VG. Ideally, you'll want something to measure it with but it's no rocket science, and if you're doing 18mg down to 6mg then it's very easy with equal parts of each (1/3 premixed juice, 1/3 PG, and 1/3 VG will preserve a 50/50 blend or bring anything else closer to that mark.) So you don't need to measure in precise milliliters, for example, you can do "three spoons and a thimbleful" of each one for all that it matters. The flavor will be diluted by the same amount as the nic (to 1/3 of the original in this case) so if you started with an extra 50% flavor boost, the final liquid would have half the flavor strength of the original with no boost.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Here is the calculator that I use when combining liquids. You can dilute a juice down with just adding vg that you get a Walmart.

DIY E-Liquid Combining Calculator
JC_link.gif

I have dilute premixed juice down and have not really had any problems with diminished flavors. Just me. Of course the extra flavor shots would also help with that problem.

Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread