Diluting nic strenght before adding flavour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankster79

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2011
Norway
I'll do my best here to try and make myself understood... :)
I'm very new to the diy scene,just got my first F'art flavours today.

I vape at around 15mg (nic strenght)
And 60PG/40VG
I use PG 52mg unflavoured nic juice

Since im staying at 15mg nic for now wouldn't it be easier to dilute the 100%PG 52mg unflavoured nic juice with
PG/VG base down to a 60/40 base 15mg unflavoured nic juice?
That way i only have to add a few drops of flavour to the juice.
Im only using Flavourart flavourings wich i think are good at around 5%
At 5% it shouldn't dilute the nic base juice that much to make a difference?

Just thought it would be easier than putting the syringe through all those bottles when making a new batch.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I too always dilute my nic down first. I keep a large supply (just mixed 120ml) of unflavored at my desired mg and PG/VG ratios. Then I can put it in smaller bottles to add different flavors. I don't use multiple flavors or complicated mixes. I add a few drops of this, a couple drops of that. I always have a base to add flavors to if I want. I also vape the unflavored base every once in a while to sort of reset my "vape buds". Unflavored is pretty good on it's own and then when I add just a tiny bit of flavor I can really tell it. My cartos thank me too LOL

MrBeo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
Deserts of So California
I at times Dilute half my Bottle so I still have plenty to make any changes I may want/need. Why knock out a whole Bottle of nic all at once and remove any room for change -- Not that you said you were doing that just making the point! Sure cut half the Bottle and your good to go for a lot of mixes ;-)

Frankster79

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2011
Norway
I've diluted the 52mg bottle down to 15mg today in 30ml bottles (leaving about 3ml of 52mg in a 5ml bottle)
Like you Donnah,i'm not planning on making any complicated mixes,so at 15mg the flavorings i add wont do any harm.
If an accident does happend now and i knock i over it isnt the end of the world,I can be quite clumsy at times..lol
I have 125ml with 25mg unflavoured nic on the way,think i'll find a glassbottle for it and leave it in the fridge as it is untill im through with the batch i made today.
I'm in charge of ordering juice for a few people,i hope they will like my mixes,that way we all save some money.
The breakthru e-juice calculator has been REALLY helpfull,would of been lost without it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread