• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Diminished flavour after six weeks. Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shockabsorber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2012
Montreal
Hey everyone, I've been vaping for about six weeks now and I noticed that the flavour that I get out of my vapes is diminishing. I have read that this may be normal after quitting analogs, that my sinuses are flooded. But six weeks later? I'm still using 808's with 2ohm cartos, and I don't want to go out and buy a whole bunch more hardware just yet. So please, someone tell me that this will pass.

Snus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Massachusetts
Hmmmm, I'm too new to know the answer to this one, but I have heard that the flavors "steep" and are supposed to get better, aka, more flavorful as time goes on... Maybe this is too much time? Also, was wondering if you are keeping them airtight? Most flavorings use alcohol which would evaporate. However, if the alcohol does this, I would think the flavoring would stay... Maybe try a different vendor and see what happens????

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I have this problem at times. It comes and goes for me. I use a carto tank 90% of the time. When I feel the itch to move on for a while I get the addy out and vape a few different flavors till I get tired of them, and dripping non stop. Sometimes it can last longer. So I just deal and flavor returns before you know it.

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
Most of taste is actually smell and you do become de-sensitized to certain smells after a while. I used to work in a paint plant and when people use to comment about how strong the paint smell was, I was puzzled because I didn't notice it. I guess that's how sewage and garbage workers manage to keep from losing their lunch.

MeowMix

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
Florida
Currently sitting at my desk I have, lets see.... 4 Mods setup with 4 different flavors. 2 of my mods are set up with a rotation of 5 pre-filled carto's in case the ones in it get stale or I don't like them. I'm also set up with an Inferno Battery, Atomizer and drip tip, including a bottle of Boba's Bounty (YUM!).

A couple days ago I had this tasteless day. Didn't matter what I vaped or how I vaped it, no taste. Just lots and lots of happy vapor going on. You know what I did? I brushed my teeth, scrubbed my tounge with a Toothbrush and filled a carto with some Menthol flavored juice. I stuck with that for the rest of the day and the next day I got my taste back, lol.

I jump around from 808 carto's to 505 carto's. From Clearomizers to dripped. From dripping to tanks. Yeah, this is a lot of cleaning, but I enjoy all the different tastes I get and different mods I enjoy using. Keep at it, it will take your body a whole lot longer then 6 weeks to fix itself from the analog disease, lol. I've been vaping for almost 3 months now and still deal with that from time to time.

:thumbs:

shockabsorber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2012
Montreal
This has me both hopeful and discouraged. Hopeful because it seems as though you guys are telling me that I should switch my flavours up a bit, which I'm fine with. In fact, I've gone back to a roasted jalapeno that I had put away to steep, and although it's not the best tasting, at least it's coming in loud and clear. I'm discouraged because my plan of putting off buying new gear for a few more months seems to be getting pushed to the side. If I'm to start dripping, tanking, and whatever-elsing, I'm going to have to go out and buy that KnightRider sooner rather than later. Now all I need is a way to explain these new purchases to my girlfriend...

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
Each person is different with juice. I like to switch up the juice I'm using every so often. I just like the change. Others *cough* Dusty *cough* can vape something for 20 months and not get tired of it.

Personally I get tired of the same old pepperoni pizza day in and day out. Others could live off it for years.

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
Yeah, I'm in the same boat there. But lucky for me I got my husband hooked to vaping with those sweet, sweet, Butterscotch flavors. Now he dosn't say a word when I buy anything, lol. And if you want a real kick, try Bacon or Pizza. That brought my tastebuds alive, and not in a good way!

*YUCK*

Why does that bacon haunt us vapers!!!

shockabsorber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2012
Montreal
Bacon! Yes! I must try Bacon! Tell us about procuring said BaconVape.

Anyone else try anything to bring the flavour back to your vape? So far we have; switching flavours, switching hardware, vaping something you don't really enjoy for a week, and brushing your teeth with much vigor and vaping on menthol for a day. Not necessarily in that order.

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
Bacon! Yes! I must try Bacon! Tell us about procuring said BaconVape.

Anyone else try anything to bring the flavour back to your vape? So far we have; switching flavours, switching hardware, vaping something you don't really enjoy for a week, and brushing your teeth with much vigor and vaping on menthol for a day. Not necessarily in that order.

Vape the bacon at your own risk!

Should be labeled on every bottle :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread