Directvapor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acies

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
USA
I was wondering if anyone has had experience with directvapor.com. Reddit has some bad reviews regarding shipping. I just ordered from them and guess what. I can not track my shipment with the tracking number they gave me. Maybe USPS just hasn't updated it yet. I called directvapor and was told to call back in 24 hours if there hasn't been a change.

Last edited by a moderator:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I just ordered from them and guess what. I can not track my shipment with the tracking number they gave me. Maybe USPS just hasn't updated it yet.
Just because a vendor has a tracking # doesn't mean that USPS has even picked up the package or that the vendor has delivered the package to USPS.

Wait 24 hours and see if there has been any change.

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
USPS tracking has been.. underwhelming.. during this holiday season. I had an order before Christmas that shipped on Monday and only ever had info that the shipping label had been created. VapeNW, who I ordered from, is <25 miles from my house. By Wednesday, there was no update on the tracking - until I took delivery from the mailman. I have another order from Mt Baker (located in AZ) that shipped Monday and was supposed to arrive today. It was in Kansas City this afternoon. o_O Why it's in K.C. I have no idea..

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
This happens to me a lot with Vaporrange. I get "shipping label created", but USPS never scans it again. Takes 8 days to show up so I've wondered if there was a several day delay before it was picked up/or dropped off for shipping. Most of what I've bought have been items on clearance cheap. And they're quality items. They don't charge for shipping, even when its a cheap order. So my attitude is, so what? :). It gets here eventually, and I got a good deal. I'll keep buying from them.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Today's reply
"We get a few shipments daily where the USPS misses the first scan here in Miami. It should update when it hits the closest sort facility to your city. Give it till Monday, I am positive you will get an update by then"
I should have received it yesterday, well till Monday then. (tracking only shows "Shipping Label Created")

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
Today's reply
"We get a few shipments daily where the USPS misses the first scan here in Miami. It should update when it hits the closest sort facility to your city. Give it till Monday, I am positive you will get an update by then"
I should have received it yesterday, well till Monday then. (tracking only shows "Shipping Label Created")
I've had the same experience with USPS shipping. It was bad over the holidays. But they're not like UPS/FedEx where everything gets scanned at every stage in transit. Not trying to diss the USPS, but it is the USPS after all.. Expectation Level: LOW.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Always pay the extra couple of bucks for 2 Day Priority Mail. They track it better than 1st class and it saves you a lot of grief. It usually shows up within 5 days (yeah, they work off a different calendar system than we do), MUCH better tracking, and it's automatically insured for at least $100 if they ever lose it or it shows up damaged.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Today's reply
It is at my local post office now.

January 22, 2016 , 9:24 am
Arrived at Post Office
IMPERIAL BEACH, CA 91932
Your item arrived at the Post Office at 9:24 am on January 22, 2016 in IMPERIAL BEACH, CA 91932.
January 19, 2016
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS
January 19, 2016 , 8:47 am
Shipping Label Created
HIALEAH, FL 3301

So it was not anything to blame Direct Vapor for after all.

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
Always pay the extra couple of bucks for 2 Day Priority Mail. They track it better than 1st class and it saves you a lot of grief. It usually shows up within 5 days (yeah, they work off a different calendar system than we do), MUCH better tracking, and it's automatically insured for at least $100 if they ever lose it or it shows up damaged.
I put in an order with VapeNW last night. Did the free shipping option. But the tracking number comes back with "Priority Mail 1-Day" for the service.. o_O Didn't ask for it, certainly didn't pay for it. And I can drive to their location in less than half an hour. It's supposedly on track to be delivered tomorrow. :banana: Unless it gets routed through Denver. USPS; Expectation Level: Whuhh? :lol:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I put in an order with VapeNW last night. Did the free shipping option. But the tracking number comes back with "Priority Mail 1-Day" for the service.. o_O Didn't ask for it, certainly didn't pay for it. And I can drive to their location in less than half an hour. It's supposedly on track to be delivered tomorrow. :banana: Unless it gets routed through Denver. USPS; Expectation Level: Whuhh? :lol:
I think it was with NW, tracking stated 1 day priority at first but after it got updated it changed to 2 day.

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
So it was not anything to blame Direct Vapor for after all.
I tend to think that when pickups are made at certain volume-vendor locations that there are cages of packages loaded with the shipments and the carrier doesn't bother to scan the packages or the manifest slips. Not the fault of the shipper.

Glad that your goodies will soon be in your possession. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread