Disappearing taste?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehleeought

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
San Diego
A little background information before I ask some questions:

So I recently upgraded from an ego/306 drip setup to a Vamo V2 starter kit complete with 2 Vivi Novas. When first trying the Novas, I had this nasty, stale metal taste in my mouth when inhaling. I thought maybe they just needed to be broken in and so I gave it a few weeks. Now, after about 3 weeks of using the Vamo with the Novas, they don't have that metal taste anymore, but even worse, they have NO TASTE whatsoever! I cannot taste the juices I put in them!

I thought that maybe my taste buds have been desensitized due to my frequent vaping so I looked up how to reset my tongue. I tried everything from brushing my tongue, drinking lots of water, rotating to new flavors, letting my DIY flavors steep longer, and trying every voltage/wattage combination, but to no avail.

THEN, I tried my flavors on my old ego/306 setup and they tasted just as they used to, they way I liked them before. This is when I realized that the problem wasn't my tongue, but my Vivi Novas that were the culprit.

With that said, my questions are:

1. Does anyone know the reason for loss of flavor in clearomizer/tank systems? Why?
2. Does this happen with all/most clearomizer/tanks?
3. Why do 306/510 atomizers carry flavor better than wicking systems?
4. I really enjoy the look and efficiency of tanks, so what type of tank would you recommend for a vv/vw or fully mechanical device?

Thanks in advance for any information that may help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread