Disassembling 808 auto batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobocracy

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Minneapolis
One of my 808d-1 auto batteries decided to quit drawing. I used q-tip to clean the residue off the threads and a small needle to clear out the holes around the threads and it works fine.

How hard are these to take apart for a more thorough cleaning? Since my basic cleaning worked, I didn't want to freelance on it and convert a now-working battery into a learning experience.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
all of these type batts i've seen appear to be very difficult to dissemble with out
damaging them to the point of not being able to re-assemble them.
the batt connector is crimped into the tube to tightly.something will bend out of shape
before they will come apart.
these are widely used in in the counter top cigalikes like v2's so i suppose
there made that way to prevent liability issues as these are the first vaping devises
a lot of people start out with.

regards
mike

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
One of my 808d-1 auto batteries decided to quit drawing. I used q-tip to clean the residue off the threads and a small needle to clear out the holes around the threads and it works fine.

How hard are these to take apart for a more thorough cleaning? Since my basic cleaning worked, I didn't want to freelance on it and convert a now-working battery into a learning experience.

Keeping those threads clean will give better contact with the cartomizer yielding a better vape. If you like this type of unit I would suggest a MIG CIG. They are a higher 4.2 volts and maintain that level though the entire battery discharge. A great improvement over previous versions of this type of E-Cig. There are tanks available for these too.

Electronic Cigarettes | Mig Cigs | e-cigs

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
A regulated 808 battery, interesting.

I use auto 808s because I can pocket them without worrying about the button. Can you turn these on/off like an eGo-type, or are they always on?
technically no.there is a micro switch that detects air movement on inhale.
thats the main issue with these as sometimes the switch will stick and
you'll have an allways on or allways off condition.
regards
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread