The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Disassembling 808 auto batteries

Discussion in 'KR808D-1' started by mobocracy, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mobocracy

mobocracy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2013
    Minneapolis
    One of my 808d-1 auto batteries decided to quit drawing. I used q-tip to clean the residue off the threads and a small needle to clear out the holes around the threads and it works fine.

How hard are these to take apart for a more thorough cleaning? Since my basic cleaning worked, I didn't want to freelance on it and convert a now-working battery into a learning experience.

2. skoony

skoony Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2013
    saint paul,mn,usa
    all of these type batts i've seen appear to be very difficult to dissemble with out
    damaging them to the point of not being able to re-assemble them.
    the batt connector is crimped into the tube to tightly.something will bend out of shape
    before they will come apart.
    these are widely used in in the counter top cigalikes like v2's so i suppose
    there made that way to prevent liability issues as these are the first vaping devises
    a lot of people start out with.

regards
    mike

3. VapieDan

VapieDan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Keeping those threads clean will give better contact with the cartomizer yielding a better vape. If you like this type of unit I would suggest a MIG CIG. They are a higher 4.2 volts and maintain that level though the entire battery discharge. A great improvement over previous versions of this type of E-Cig. There are tanks available for these too.

Electronic Cigarettes | Mig Cigs | e-cigs

4. mobocracy

mobocracy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2013
    Minneapolis
    A regulated 808 battery, interesting.

I use auto 808s because I can pocket them without worrying about the button. Can you turn these on/off like an eGo-type, or are they always on?

5. skoony

skoony Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2013
    saint paul,mn,usa
    technically no.there is a micro switch that detects air movement on inhale.
    thats the main issue with these as sometimes the switch will stick and
    you'll have an allways on or allways off condition.
    regards
    mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.