MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
giggle-animated-animation-giggle-smiley-emoticon-000389-large.gif

well norman... you may have a weird pervo name but you are amusing lol :D

LOL, this name was given to me years ago as a joke (my name isn't Norm and sometimes I've got clothes on!).

Anyone know if it's possible to change my user name without having to set up a whole new account?

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
ok I was using the multiquote button and going to comment on a bunch of things but instead of taking up so much space I'll just say ......

LOL @ pretty much every comment since my last one ;)

-------------

nn I was just kidding no need to change it lol .....if you really wanted to though I would imagine the only way to possibly accomplish it would be to PM a moderator and ask them if they could change it for you. Not sure if they can but I can't think of any other way.

--------------

I had an idea for a contest that would cost nothing... well kind of.... but in the end it would end up just causing arguments and problems so would end up defeating the point of the contest.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
lol well like I said it'd be a bad idea... but ...

a vendorless user based contest where people are allowed to enter one time only, for a random number drawing, where the winning prize is that everyone who entered and lost has to send an item of their choice that they don't need/want from their collection to the winner. Could be anything from carts(unused obviously), a bottle of liquid, spare atty, spare batt, pretty much anything.

But obviously that would be an "on your word" type of contest and would then end up causing issues for those who didn't follow through with it. Which makes it a bad idea.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
lol well like I said it'd be a bad idea... but ...

a vendorless user based contest where people are allowed to enter one time only, for a random number drawing, where the winning prize is that everyone who entered and lost has to send an item of their choice that they don't need/want from their collection to the winner. Could be anything from carts(unused obviously), a bottle of liquid, spare atty, spare batt, pretty much anything.

But obviously that would be an "on your word" type of contest and would then end up causing issues for those who didn't follow through with it. Which makes it a bad idea.

Sounds kinda like a type of tourney we run in the reenactment thing I do..everybody who want's in brings something to contribute to the prize chest..first place gets pick of whats in the chest and the chest itself..everyone else gets to pick in order of how they finished so everyone puts something in but also gets something..
might be fun to do something like that..everyone enters by saying what they're offering up...after a set period of time someone draws post #s from a bowl..and those posts get to pick from the stuff in the order they were drawn out..sure it'd be a logistical shipping nightmare...but it COULD be fun..

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
We could send our entry item to Isaac. As long as he gets our item our entry stays, if he doesn't get it, then you are disqualified. It's the s/h costs though, that causes a prob.
Exactly, it'd be hell to organize and have to keep track and pay for all that shipping...it'd be awesome for some of the larger social groups at meet up or the east coast gathering..
People tossing in a gently used kit (still in working order) that they dont want or a bottle or 2 of juice or a couple of atties or whatever..and then drawing names and they get to pick from all the swag in that order..maybe a extra item donated from somewhere for the #1 person..like a box or something..when we do it we set a minimum $ amount of the item but if you choose to exceed that it's up to you..

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
LOL @ nekkidnorman

-----

yeah definitely an idea more easily implemented at a meet Drozd

-------------

yeah Tina that's why I figured if it was all small stuff then it could be sent first class for like a buck. Unless someone chose to send something larger then that would be their choice.

But like I said not a great idea for a forum contest because if someone didn't send or sent but it got lost in the mail then that would cause animosity between people which we don't need.

Then again your idea of sending stuff to one person in order to get entered into the contest and then that person sending the prize out could work. But that would stick that person with a larger shipping cost for putting everything together and shipping it out.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
exactly...I just gotta get more people round here to start having meetings to try something like that...
Granted...I think that an element of skill and or luck should be added..maybe a bit more than drawing #s..well maybe...I like it cuz everyone puts something in..but everyone gets something out too..maybe even switch it around so if someone donated an extra really nice "prize" the last person drawn out gets the last of whatever there is to pick but also gets the "grand prize"...
See...now I'm thinking of the logistics of putting something like this together just to see how it'd run..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread