DIY attempt...no flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayleePup

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
I have tried to mix several times now. I have PG/nic mix at 36mg. I also have PG/VG 50/50 mix, VG and a bunch of flavors. I bought a DIY kit from DIY Flavor Shack so I also have menthol.

Every batch I have mixed I started with 2 ml nic mix, 1/2 ml either 50/50 or VG and then 1/2 ml flavoring.

Each batch smell great but when I vape it it has no flavor. I tried letting them sit a week, still smell good but no taste. I have then upped the flavoring by another 1/2 ml, still no taste. This seems like a waste of the flavorings.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I would really like for the DIY thing to work for me.

Thanks!
KayleePup

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Can you tell us a little more about what flavorings you're using? You may be adding too much and that can actually reduce the flavor. I recommend you start at 10-15% flavor and up it from there. I usually use 20% but that's after I've tested it lower first. Some of my mixes are much better at the lower concentration especially after they sit.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I haven't used any of those flavors so someone else will have to advise on those. Did you ask on the DIY Flavor Shack forum what % she recommends?

When I first started DIY I messed up my taste buds and couldn't taste much for a few days - flavor overload. Now when I DIY I vape menthol in between flavors and that helps. Have you noticed any problem with tasting premade e-liquid?

KayleePup

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
Premade flavors I do ok with. Been using Ms T's PB cookie & Snickerdoodle. Also Tasty Vapor's Irish Cream is good.

I got Cafe Sumatra from Vapor Station and fell in love with it but ran out. I was trying to duplicate that.

I have some coffee flavor sitting right now, so I will try adding a little more flavoring to that one.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Premade flavors I do ok with. Been using Ms T's PB cookie & Snickerdoodle. Also Tasty Vapor's Irish Cream is good.

I got Cafe Sumatra from Vapor Station and fell in love with it but ran out. I was trying to duplicate that.

I have some coffee flavor sitting right now, so I will try adding a little more flavoring to that one.

yeah the Sumatra is very good.. It has several things going on in that mix..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread