DIY ejuice - sour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
Hey guys, just got into DIY. Made a few juices that turned out okay. My question is about the sour that’s added to fruit recipes to give them a candy like taste. How much is usually added to a 30 ml mix? Is it like sweetner where you only add like .5%? I want to mix up a batch of pineapple and blood orange that I think would benefit from TFA sour.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The sour is an acid. Putting enough acid in a flavor to be able to taste it could conceivably make your lungs unhappy. Also pineapples contain a meat tenderizing chemical. It deactivated if it’s cooked and I don’t even know if it is part of the flavor of pineapple or not, but you’re made of meat.

This may or may not be a good flavor choice.

Simmonsd515

Nov 28, 2018
The sour is an acid. Putting enough acid in a flavor to be able to taste it could conceivably make your lungs unhappy. Also pineapples contain a meat tenderizing chemical. It deactivated if it’s cooked and I don’t even know if it is part of the flavor of pineapple or not, but you’re made of meat.

This may or may not be a good flavor choice.

Oh man. Definitely not into making my lungs unhappy. Maybe I’ll avoid it then...

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Hey guys, just got into DIY. Made a few juices that turned out okay. My question is about the sour that’s added to fruit recipes to give them a candy like taste. How much is usually added to a 30 ml mix? Is it like sweetner where you only add like .5%? I want to mix up a batch of pineapple and blood orange that I think would benefit from TFA sour.
The TFA sour percentage is 0.5 to 5%

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I have tart & sour which is Malic Acid I believe. I’ve found that you want to use very little in your fruit mixes. In a 30ml I’d probably use a couple of drops. Maybe 10 at most but start with a couple and taste. Go from there adding a couple drops at a time and tasting until you are satisfied. I recently ruined a mix because I didn’t see if the drops were coming out of the bottle so I inadvertently added too much and the juice was ruined. It was a small bottle so I just dumped it rather then trying to add more nic/pg/vg/flavoring to dilute the sour. Good luck with your mixing, I hope you make some good ones.

Reactions: Simmonsd515
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread