Status
Not open for further replies.

level0five

Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
About to place my first DIY order with Wizard Labs and looking for input on the best of each group and differences between. I will be using these for bakery juices with the exception of making a blackberry/blueberry mix. Any help is greatly appreciated.

blackberry - LA TFA CAP

blueberry - LA CAP
blueberry natural - LA
blueberry extra - TFA
blueberry wild - TFA

plum - LA TFA

strawberry - LA TFA
organic strawberry - TFA
strawberry natural - LA
ripe strawberry - TFA
sweet strawberry - CAP
strawberries & cream - TFA CAP

cheesecake - LA TFA CAP

pecan - LA TFA

banana cream - LA TFA

bavarian cream - LA TFA

sweet cream - TFA CAP

graham cracker - TFA CAP

Any noticeable flavor differences between clear/colored and TFA DX flavors?

Any advice on enhancers, sweeteners, and %'s are also welcome. Thanks in advance.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Everything looks good! For the blueberry, I would go with TFA Blueberry Wild or Blueberry Extra, both are excellent. For Strawberry, go with the TFA Strawberry Ripe or Caps Sweet Strawberry. Both are fantastic, but I tend to prefer Strawberry Ripe. For the cheesecake, I would go with either TFA or Caps... Haven't tried pecan from anyone. Banana Cream -TFA for sure and same with Bavarian Cream. For Sweet Cream - Caps definitely, and for graham cracker... Both are very good.

As for Dark and Clear, I read that TFA adds extra alcohol to the clear to make it lighter and people tend to say the dark versions are better. I haven't tried the DX flavors, but if they are anything like Capella's V2 flavors, they aren't nearly as good as the originals but they are okay. I know @AndriaD uses a few DX flavors from TFA so she might be able to bring more to the table with those.

To your order you should add Ethyl Maltol (10% dissolved in PG) and Sucralose Sweetener... WizardLabs should have both from TFA. They really round out mixes. I used them in every recipe I make at 2.5% Ethyl Maltol and 1.5% Sweetener.

Last edited:
Reactions: level0five

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Thanks @Cullin Kin . Much appreciated. Checked out your links. Sub'd and viewing. Gonna bump your contest thread. Best of luck.

My pleasure! DIY is awesome! You won't regret it. If I could give you some advice that will save you a bunch of liquid down the drain... For your first few months of DIY, follow tested and reviewed recipe's from sites like E-Liquid Recipes | DIY E-Juice | e cig Liquids and e-Liquid Calculator Look for the recipes rated at 5 stars, maybe 4... After you make enough recipes, you will start to get used to how the flavors behave in a mix, and what percentages you like them at/they taste good at. You'll start to learn which flavors go well together and which don't... Then, it's time for free mixing and creating your own recipes.

The amount of juice I dumped down the drain when I first started DIY should have been criminal, I wish I started with recipes lol. Just my experience.

Thank you! Thanks for taking the time to do that, I really appreciate it!!! :) I have you entered on the spreadsheet.

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
Great advice already given....I like to mix blueberry wild and extra together in recipes, do same with cap sweet strawberry and tfa strawberry ripe, prefer cap cheesecake, cap sweet cream, tfa bav cream(heard la is good, but only have 2 of theirs honestly), tfa banana cream dx is good imo, I like it but never had regular version-tastes like I expected it, so I'm happy, tfa Graham clear is good too, good luck and welcome to diy:) smart idea to buy the "smalls" from wl to see what works best for you and your tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread