DIY FlavorShack = Does Impress You

Status
Not open for further replies.

noXious muse

Apr 22, 2010
East Coast, US
I placed my carefully thought out order last Friday evening with the realization that it would not be fulfilled until Tuesday at the latest. Apparently I did not fill my form out correctly and rather than assume what I wanted Dawn phoned me (vs email) and that was quickly resolved. It did take USPS an extra day (4 total) to deliver but I know that at this point it's out of her hands. Also available are several coupon codes, not to be used together. Check the home page for these offers.

Now on to the good stuff! Being a first time customer I ordered a 6pack of 6ml to test their premixes. These I requested in a VG/PG (more VG than PG) blend and extra low nic (6-10mg). I also ordered a DIY kit. I don't know if I'll be going full fledged DIY but I have about $300 retail value of liquid that I can't bare to waste. I'm hoping I can spruce them up some. I also purchased four additional flavors for a total of ten. Four (my choice) come with the kit, I opted for four more and received two free.

My package arrived and when I opened it I found numerous fun extras/freebies thrown in .. YAY! We like this stuff, don't we? Aside from the extra tools/implements I also received a sample pre-mix of 0nic Banana Express and TWO free "Expert" flavorings: Chocolate and Black Cherry.

6pack flavors are:
(XX = double flavor from DIY FlavorShack)

Apple XX:
It's delicious and refreshingly sweet (not icky sticky sweet). It is not as tart AND sweet as I was hoping it would be but it is a very clean, crisp, full flavored, delicious apple. I love Yankee Candle's "Macintosh Apple" and was wishful I'd get something that tastes similar to the scent minus the wick & wax, of course. If you don't like tart but love apple I highly suggest trying this flavor.

Banana Express (free sampler):
Let me begin by saying and clarifying that the ingredients in this flavor are each subtle; balanced, if you will ..
This is not a strong banana if you want more flavor then definitely order double flavor (if applicable). There is a slight minty aftertaste. I'm thinking this contains a minute amount of menthol. My palate also senses cocoa but I could be wrong (or could be some residue from the macchiato). And by cocoa I do not mean chocolate. I'm not a huge fan of banana flavors but I know someone who is and I will make sure this gets to her. I don't know if she made this for me in all VG or if it's the 0 nic but wow does it produce some heavy vapor!! Maybe I will hang on to this .. :blush:

Booberry Poundcake:
I love blueberry and I love love love poundcake! This immediately makes it's way to my top 3 baked/fruit flavors. Wow is it delicious! Great vapor production, buttery poundcake and not at all lacking on the blueberry flavoring. I love this, my husband loves it, it gets two very big thumbs up!

Cappuccino:
I'm a coffee nut! In the 6 months that I have been vaping I have order various coffee flavors from nearly a dozen different merchants. I have to say that this cappuccino is smooth. I would like a little more coffee/espresso in it - just a tad, but otherwise very smooth and slightly creamy/slightly sweet, just the way a cappuccino should be. A great vape anytime: morning, after meal or even all day.

Caramel Macchiato:
This is my favorite Starbucks Frappucino .. I am a caramel macchiato connoisseur! Could anyone send me one from Tea Leaf & Coffee Bean? hehe j/k On a more serious note .. I'm not sure why it's so dark. For a minute I was worried .. the last time I got a liquid this dark ..
Anyhow this is an awesome flavor. To me it does not taste like a Starbuck's Macchiato per se, but it's still a wonderful flavor. Very creamy, smooth and slightly sweeter than the cappuccino. The aftertaste has a hint of (dare I say it?) coconut milk which does not taste anything like shredded, sweetened coconut - rather it's creamy with an essence of coconut. Oh I love it!

Juicy Peach XX:
Whoa .. WOW! This is to die for!!! The BEST peach flavor I have tried and honestly, it's perfect. Unless this recipe changes and does not agree with me, I don't foresee myself ever ordering a peach from anywhere else again. Amazing peach flavor almost identical to a peach flavored jolly rancher (my favorite flavor JR). It's a peach explosion in the mouth! I will be hording this for myself until I purchase a larger supply!
This does NOT have a perfumey tone to it like the other peach flavors I have tried.

Strawberry Bubblegum:
Despite how much I like strawberry I think I'm ready to admit to myself that vaping it just isn't for me. This is now the 4th strawberry type flavor that I've ordered and I haven't been crazy about any of them. It's definitely sweet. It's definitely strawberry. And I definitely taste bubblegum. It's not a bad flavor it just doesn't agree with me. My husband does like them though and he's been vaping all the strawberry flavors that I've bought. He prefers this to the rest. Before I give up on strawberry entirely I think I'm going to search Dawn's repertoire for a naked strawberry.

I prefer VG because I love uber thick clouds of vapor and don't particularly care for the harsh throat hit or "dryness" of PG.

I haven't had time yet to dabble with the flavor extracts. Perhaps I'll add to this thread when I do. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Dawn, if you happen to read this .. YOU ROCK GIRL!

Happy Vapes To All!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread